The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > State Politicians Set to Get Generous Pay Rises.

State Politicians Set to Get Generous Pay Rises.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Lexi,
I'm glad you saw the funny side of it, I'd forgotten to add a smiley. You've told us before what you do. ;-)
Posted by individual, Sunday, 12 May 2013 7:44:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indi, what does the King of your republic, King Mad Katter I, get paid up there in the Deep Deep North? peanuts, or is the answer a pineapple. When "we" elect the Mad Monk Pope of Australia or to some such position in September is their any chance that your country will establish dicklomatic relations with Oz. Australia could make Archy Pell our first ambassador to The Deep Deep North. He would appreciate a posting to God's own country, I'm sure! LOL.
Can you fill me in on how's The Green vote holding up, up your way?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 13 May 2013 10:16:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Individual,

I'm glad you liked my librarian quote.

I am concerned about the government cuts happening here
in Victoria especially as I mentioned earlier to all
the services that we rely on. We've got such an excellent
TAFE system and it would be a shame to see that go down
the gurgler. Also, our hospitals are of a high standard,
as are the nursing staff. We can't afford to have the
standard drop. Personally I would like to see a cap on
politicians salaries - and then have them adjusted yearly
accoridng to the CPI - like everyone else.

Dear Suse,

I've got the highest respect for nurses.
They do an excellent job often under the most
difficult of circumstances. Where would we be without them?
I've recently had a rather unpleasant procedure - and
if it wasn't for the great nursing staff - I don't know
if I would have made it. So on behalf of all of them -
Thanks!
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 13 May 2013 10:33:04 AM
Thanks Lexi : )
There are good and bad in every profession I think.
I am sure there must be good politicians who deserve pay rises too?
Perhaps we should only reward those that don't break their promises after they are voted into power.
I have no doubt it will be the same ol' , same ol' with the Libs in September...
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 13 May 2013 8:29:23 PM
Has there ever been:

i. a politicians pay rise without cross-party support,
ii. a proposal by politicians for a structure of performance-based remuneration, or
iii. a proposal by politicians for individual work/employment contracts?
Posted by WmTrevor, Monday, 13 May 2013 8:52:12 PM
Good evening LEXI...

I totally agree with you LEXI. However, when you think about it, once an individual has got his foot in the door, and served as a Politician for a couple of terms, it doesn't really matter how poorly he may perform, he can't really lose. So when he's ultimately voted out he still reaps most of the benefits he once enjoyed when he was still in the Parliament. So it amounts to a win win for these people.

Rather than rewarding them with regular pay rises, for their indolent, languid behaviour. Upon their initial entry into Parliament, advise them that they're to be award initially a reasonably high salary, and if necessary, simply penalise them, each occasion it has been determined they've engaged in wilful and protracted inactivity, or failure to do their constituents bidding ? Thus, they receive a reduction in salary and allowances ?

Of course it would never work. But it might prove a novel idea to spread it around amongst these useless, unemployable, community sloths ! For a start, remove their entitlement to a C'wealth Car. Make them all use public transport - Of course you have to teach them how to purchase a ticket ? No, it would not work. Most wouldn't have the 'smarts' to understand how to purchase a ticke
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 13 May 2013 11:22:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy