The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > State Politicians Set to Get Generous Pay Rises.

State Politicians Set to Get Generous Pay Rises.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear spindoc,

Read my opening post again.

I do mention federal politicians as well
and the fact that they received a $50,000
increase last year, plus the fact that
this salary increase decision by the
Victorian State Parliament was a bipartisan
decision.

I thought that I was being fair and even-handed.
But if in your eyes I wasn't - well I guess that's
something I shall have to learn to live with.

Cheers.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 11 May 2013 6:21:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi you were being fair and even handed, but Spindoc doesn't like that in a woman, so he is trying to annoy you.

A bit like a mosquito buzzing around your head at night really.

I agree that it is certainly the wrong time for politicians to discuss pay rises for themselves, when there is such a large budget deficit to contend with.

Mind you, all the money in the world wouldn't get me to do a politician's job, with all the personal slurs from this forum alone to deal with...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 12 May 2013 1:12:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi, in all fairness, we have a similar situation to us here in QLD, whereby the cuts to almost everything, are in direct repines to the miss management of the former government.

The federal libs will have a similar challenge on their hands.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 12 May 2013 6:08:25 AM
Industry pays about that and very much more for its leaders.
While it appears I am having myself on after NSW FILTH showed other wise most on any side are not as bad as we tell our selves.
We want or should, the best to lead lets pay fair wages, seems this is fair to me.
I however will support prison for any who let us down, some sell us out for two bottles of wine and tickets to the football.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 12 May 2013 6:12:56 AM
I am totally supportive of the post by Lexi. The bloodsucking parasites have no right to a payrise, particularly when they deny such to anyone else. Whether or not captains of industry get paid more is not the question .. utter incompetents like the red-headed witch, the dying duck & the RAbbott are completely unemployable in the real world and thus their $400 - 500,000 salaries are unjustified. Furthermore, the scandalous superannuation & retirement perks should never have been allowed, likewise the ostensibly 'independent' renumeration tribunal created by a tame governor general. I welcome Big Clive with his promise to slash the aforementioned lurks.
Posted by praxidice, Sunday, 12 May 2013 8:54:43 AM
‘morning Lexi,

Yes I did note your reference to the $50k increase awarded to federal MP’s. But this is an incomplete story that lacks context.

That context being a reference to Victorian MP’s awarding themselves 8% to 15% increases and then asking for OLO opinions of this at a time when cuts are being applied to other government spending.

Surely it would have been much fairer to point out and draw comparisons with where this all started federally?

As at November 2011, “Prime Minister Julia Gillard's salary will rise to $481,000 and backbenchers will get a base rate of $185,000 from 2012, under a plan released today increase $90,000”. With similar increases applied to other ministers.

“Ms Gillard will earn more than the US President, who is paid about $400,000, and Mr Cameron, whose salary is about $221,000, despite presiding over a world power with a population three times that of Australia”.

“Tony Abbott's will jump to $342,250”.

“The Herald Sun revelation that just three months after Federal MPs were given a $44,000 pay rise, they are getting another $5550 boost”.

On August 17 2012, SA passed legislation to maintain the link with the basic
salary of federal members of parliament.

My point being that this is about all MP’s at Federal and State levels awarding themselves large increases in salary, superannuation and parliamentary benefits.

In that context the 8% to 15% increases in Vic are peanuts and we should be discussing the fact that they are all at it, that would have avoided the dog whistle invitation..

That said it has already been done to death by the MSM since November 2011.

Suseonline, << Lexi you were being fair and even handed, but Spindoc doesn't like that in a woman, so he is trying to annoy you >> ?

My wife just read that and asks “what on earth is she going to do when she grows up?”
Posted by spindoc, Sunday, 12 May 2013 9:00:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy