The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Multi-Nationals

Multi-Nationals

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Do you think about "free enterprise" and "multi-nationals" in the same thought bubble? Ifcom yes...........why? Do you really think that it's in the interests of mult-nationals to have a competitive market based on a level playing field? The answer unfortunately is "NO." Multi-nationals want to control the market, control the prices, control the salaries paid to employees, and control the economy.So whether it's Exon Mobil, Veolia, Costco, General Electric or Monsanto, they are corporations who serve faceless multi-billionares, whose greed like there wealth is beyond measure.
And that's World Economics 101.

Taurus
Posted by Taurus, Thursday, 21 March 2013 9:17:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another conspiracy theory.

Have you anything to back it up? And no, it is not economics 101, I'm surprised you can even spell economics.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 22 March 2013 7:49:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wounder? we spit out the term multi national like it is a swear word.
But could we have international trade without them.
Do we want to have world trade or wither on the vine as a small country remaining small,and poor.
I have had problems with industrial relations and MN,s but that can be fixed.
We should see them for what they are, big! with th resources to do big things,.
And we should remember firms we once claimed , but it was never true, to own, say BHP are among them.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 22 March 2013 7:52:39 AM
Ah, to be young and angry. Doesn't it make you nostalgic?

As always, though, the target is conveniently faceless and remote, making it easy to demonize without requiring even the tiniest skerrick of specifics.

I'm willing to take a small wager that the writer hasn't actually worked out in the real world yet. Either a student or a public servant, likely in a local council somewhere, with plenty of time to rant pointlessly at things he/she doesn't understand.

But oh, how righteous the indignation!
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 22 March 2013 10:42:02 AM
"Multi-nationals want to control the market, control the prices, control the salaries paid to employees, and control the economy."

Of course they do... wouldn't you if you had the chance?

So that's why our focus group decided we're not going to let them.

Or you.
Posted by WmTrevor, Friday, 22 March 2013 11:15:08 AM
WmT,

"So that's why our focus group decided we're not going to let them."

I almost bust a gut laughing. Your knitting circle is going to change the world with a strongly worded letter?

I have worked in a large multinational, and while we would have liked to control prices, there are enough competitors to make this impossible. This would go for all the large companies mentioned above.

The only ones that have any chance are those with no real competitors such as Apple and Google.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 22 March 2013 11:23:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy