The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Barrel O'Farrell: A big question mark.

Barrel O'Farrell: A big question mark.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Barrell O'Farrell seems intent on destroying everything the state of New South Wales has built up over the last century and I'm starting to wonder if he has an undetected mental illness.

Or is it because he just has an intense hate for the people of NSW?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 1 March 2013 6:03:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The only reason we got O'Farrell was because the people could no longer stand the criminals running the state masquerading as the Labor Party. O'Farrell is only a foretaste to what can be expected when the Mad Monk comes to power in Canberra. Slash and burn will be the general rule. O'Farrell is ready to reward his mates and cronies with some juicy plumbs, but unlike members of the Labor Party he will do it "within the law".
The ALP under Robertson is still being run by the 'Sussex Street Mob' with incrimination's, power struggles, infighting and back stabbing, the order of the day. The ALP is so consumed by these internal problems that the only effective opposition to the conservative juggernaut in NSW is The Greens.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 2 March 2013 7:33:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul1405,

This thread was posted to determine if people think that Barrel either has an undetected mental illness or has an intense hatred of the people of NSW.

What do you think?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 2 March 2013 8:22:22 AM
Mr Opinion, I am certainly with the majority on this one. Without ever coming within a bulls roar of Mr.Fatty O'Barrell, despite having no formal qualifications in psychology, not even informal ones, and despite being totally biased against the man and his politics, I must declare that without reservation I have detected that Mr.O'Barrell is suffering from a previously undetected mental illness. The medical terminology which I have bestowed on this previously unknown disease is Barryhating Syndrome. this condition is manifested as an intense hatred for the people of NSW. From the responses to your survey I can confidently declare that 100% of respondents have agreed with me.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 2 March 2013 3:35:01 PM
Mr O, leave O'Farrell alone, he didn't do anything....literally, I have said before that he is dissapointing in the extreme. The only one doing anything is that "trained and tamed" Chris Hartcher.

Hartcher is letting the money make a quick buck at the cost of the environment. This Hartcher could be another Eddie Obeid in the making.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 3 March 2013 9:40:39 AM
Dear sonofgloin,

Never!

Not until we have a world in which there is no place for people like Barrel "The Mad" or Julia "The Backstabber"
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 3 March 2013 11:01:52 AM
I'm happy to let the folks in NSW have their say, seems to be very different to yours?
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 4 March 2013 8:12:16 AM
We don't like Fatty O'Barrel either. It's just that NSW Labor is in a bit of a mess at that moment. Until it sorts itself out the Liberals have no credible opposition and we get hopeless cases like Fatty.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Monday, 4 March 2013 9:13:43 AM
Dear spindoc,

Don't worry, it won't be too long before it dawns on the folk of NSW that Barrel is either a few cards short of a full pack or has total contempt for them or both.

However, he won't go down as the first insane tyrant in history.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 4 March 2013 10:37:15 AM
The nice thing about hearing such abuse directed at the state premier is that it reflects just how much his presence and his majority hurts.

It's not a matter for the ALP or the Liberals, it’s a matter for the voters and they can reflect on performance when the time comes, their decision.

If you live in NSW you will have your chance to vote, if you don’t live in NSW, mind your own business
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 4 March 2013 10:52:56 AM
Dear spindoc,

I think it's a matter of what Barrel does (or doesn't do) that is hurting.

Barrel has destroyed NSW public services (health, education, police, etc., etc.) to such an extent that it has now gone from a state issue to a federal election issue. Why do you think Gillard and Abbott are trying to win over voters on matters that are really a state concern.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 4 March 2013 11:19:29 AM
I have pretty well given up on OLO because it seems to have become just a place for sledging.

What I would like is a world where there is no place for people who slander others with invective like: Barrel "The Mad" or Julia "The Backstabber"

I live in NSW. I'm no great fan of O'Farrell, but rather than just let fly on OLO, I've suggest that those who don't like him get
(1) actively involved in politics, and see just how hard it is to please everyone AND run the country properly - since the latter inevitably means that not everyone (and probably no-one) will be pleased, or
(2) come up with some constructive ideas for better government, or
(3) if you think the government (state/federal) is unredeemable, move somewhere better - a few suggestions: Italy, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Mali, Syria, Egypt, Soudan - there's plenty more choice.
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 4 March 2013 11:24:16 AM
Dear Cossomby,

Firstly, do you mind if I call you Somby for short?

I have too much respect for myself to allow myself to be drawn into the madhouse of political participation and I have no desire to have any control over the decision-making processes. But I do expect a high level of integrity and honesty from those who expect to be renumerated for doing so. And Barrel just doesn't do it for me.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 4 March 2013 11:43:27 AM
Mr. Opinion,

<< Why do you think Gillard and Abbott are trying to win over voters on matters that are really a state concern? >> I Hope these answers help.

It’s an election year.

It’s called wedge politics.

The ALP is scrambling to avoid an electoral wipeout in NSW.

It’s a classic political distraction by the ALP, look, another Unicorn!

Picking fights with Liberal State governments is great fun, futile but fun.

The ALP cannot run on its achievements track record because it doesn’t have one.

JEG has to lift the polls enough to keep her job.

Most of the ALP’s current and future hopes are just about to get wiped off the electoral map.

JEG has to employ tactics of relativism, any issue looking bad for the ALP can be redirected back as “well the ALP might be hopeless but Abbott would be worse”.

The ALP has utterly lost touch with Middle Australia and confirms this by this by going to Middle Australia to tell them. Doh!

Abbott doesn’t need to “win over voters on matters that are really of state concern” because they are Liberal States. Get it?

Abbott doesn’t give a “rats” about JEG picking fights with state governments; in fact he will fan the flames at every opportunity. JEG is too self centered to notice she is helping Abbott.

O’Farrell, like Newman, has a big enough majority to slash and burn at the former ALP state government’s excesses, corruption and economic vandalism and still have tea and biscuits every day.

The QLD ALP now holds cabinet meetings in the back of a mini van with room to spare. The good news for the federal ALP in NSW is they won’t even need a mini van.

I have a few more pages but quite frankly Mr. Opinion, I don’t think you even know what it is you don’t know.

Just sit back, relax and watch the former glory of the ALP flushed down the drain
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 4 March 2013 12:17:52 PM
My dear spindoc,

You paint a dark and dismal picture of the world. (And I think you left a note out between points 8 and 9.)

You polsci adherents have got a multitude of answers for everything but you run the risk of taking a long time to tell us what little you know.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 4 March 2013 12:28:01 PM
Mr Opinion: You wrote: 'But I do expect a high level of integrity and honesty from those who expect to be renumerated for doing so'. If you expect integrity, you should behave with integrity - and that means not sledging people even if they do not behave as you (and I also) would like them to.

I think sledging and name-calling is a totally ineffective way to get people to improve. If people did that to you, would you change your behaviour? I suspect that, like everyone else, you'd just write your critics off as fools. Challenge the politicians, sure, but do it with integrity and contructively. That's just pragmatism: it's more likelly to have an impact.

By the way, if I'd wanted to be called 'Somby' I would have used that name in the first place. It shouldn't be too difficult to type the first three letters.

PS It's ironic, isn't it, that state Labor governments perceived as useless have been replaced by Liberal/Coalition governments that are quickly also being seen as useless. A portent for the future natioanl government?
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 4 March 2013 1:22:25 PM
Dear Cos-Somby,

Chill out. We all have a real life outside of OLO.

I use satire as a means to enlighten people and to get them thinking about the not-so-obvious things. And I must admit, given the short time I have spent so far on OLO, that it is having an effect.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 4 March 2013 1:41:18 PM
Mr. Opinion,

I don’t “paint a dark and dismal picture of the world”, nothing to do with the world, I was just answering the question you asked.

Now is the time to tell us if you have a vote in NSW?

You say (sic.) << You polsci adherents have got a multitude of answers for everything but you run the risk of taking a long time to tell us what little you know.>>. Translation please?

Why don’t you learn to speak English before you try to apply it?

This tells us much about what you think you know? Can’t spell, no syntax, no grammar, no English comprehension and no structure. Don’t tell me you’re a teacher?

So to the questions, do you vote in NSW? Which school did you attend? Why did you skip English? What did you smoke when you were missing from school? Did your Mum and Dad know what you were up to? Do you have a job? Do any of your friends have a job? Do you have any friends (no, sorry, you can’t count Facebook contacts)? What do the words “infantile, adolescent, ill informed and Troll have in common? And why can’t you at the very least use spell check to mask your incompetence?

The truth is Mr. Opinion, you don’t have one, opinion that is. You just borrow those of others because you’re not smart enough to have one of your own.

Get off the keyboard and go back to school!
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 4 March 2013 3:09:38 PM
Dear spindoc,

I like your one about Facebook.

Where do I find the spell checker in OLO?

I bet you voted for Malcolm Fraser when you heard him say "Life wasn't meant to be easy." Unfortunately you must have been cheering and clapping so loudly that you missed hearing the end of his sentence.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 4 March 2013 3:57:20 PM
Cossomby>> I have pretty well given up on OLO because it seems to have become just a place for sledging.<<

Cos, the general discussion subjects regarding the miserable state of the ineffective State and Federal politicians of all colours bring a disgust that manifests itself as personal insults and sledging. It is an emotive subject given we the people are getting poorer and these bastards had voted themselves pay packets well over the odds but persistently fail in EVERYTHING they implement. Gillard is paid more than the American president and the British PM…..Why?...our only recourse is personal insult until the ballot box.

Mr O>> I use satire as a means to enlighten people and to get them thinking about the not-so-obvious things<<

Really Mr O, I thought you were just showcasing your sledgehammer wit....lol
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 4 March 2013 4:33:42 PM
Dear sonofgloin,

And now you know better. Aren't you so happy to be numbered amongst the enlightened?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 4 March 2013 5:01:02 PM
Mr. Opinion, yes sweetie but where are the answers? Start with do you vote in NSW?
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 4 March 2013 5:37:11 PM
Mr Opinion>> And now you know better. Aren't you so happy to be numbered amongst the enlightened?<<

Yes.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 5 March 2013 7:37:31 AM
It was not so much the case that the conservatives got voted into office in NSW, it was more like, the ALP got voted out and voted out in a big way.
Robertson is a failure as opposition leader, leaving most of the questioning of the government to The Greens, while he tries to deal with the 'Sussex Street Mob' and all the Labor infighting.
Even Labor's new bloke on the block (at 60 years of age hardly new) the member for Heffron Ron Hoenig is tainted with the smell of Eddie Obeid,no sooner elected in a by-election to replace Hair-doo Keneally, another Sussex Street deal, Ben Keneally filled Ron's old job as mayor of Botany, and Ron's taking a free-bee from Eddie.
p/s Ron's son Ben Hoenig is also in the news for all the wrong reasons.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 5 March 2013 1:03:06 PM
Did anyone see Barrel and his Education henchman prancing around today telling everyone they are going to revolutionise the State's education system? I had a look at their backgrounds. And guess what - neither has any training and qualifications in the theory and practice of education. Yes, the Mad Hatter and he March Hare have come to town in all of their emperor's new clothes.

A ten year old child could see through their master plan: make it harder to get into a teaching degree means fewer Education students which means fewer trained teachers which means fewer public schools which means less money to spend on public education.

I'm assuming that he intends to make up any future shortfall in teachers by recruiting low paid teachers from the Third World.

Like I have said elsewhere: he's as nutty as a fruit cake!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 6 March 2013 9:49:38 PM
Mr. Opinion,

Since you ignore the question do you vote in NSW? We can assume you don't?

In which case we might also add, what on earth has it got to do with you?

The NSW electorate decided to reduce the state ALP to an insignificant minority which I might add, is still going backwards.

You on the other hand think your opinion counts for more than that of NSW voters and you want to tell them they were wrong.

Good luck dreamer!
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 7 March 2013 1:07:18 PM
Dear spindoc,

I'm not saying anybody was wrong. I'm just trying to warn people that there is a lunatic on the loose!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 7 March 2013 3:43:57 PM
Mr Opinion, " I'm just trying to warn people that there is a lunatic on the loose!"

Ah, then you are talking about Shoebridge. Some mothers do 'ave them. The Greens serve up some live ones don't they?
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 7 March 2013 3:58:41 PM
onthebeach; "Ah, then you are talking about Shoebridge. Some mothers do 'ave them. The Greens serve up some live ones don't they?"
Compared to the cadavers that make up the Liberal's front bench David Shoebridge is indeed a live one. Take the Minister for Education a fellow with the intellect of a Neanderthal, and a head like a billiard ball, Mr Piccoli, I ask did this critter ever get any kind of formal eduction. You would not thinks so if you listened to the crap he talks.
The whole mottle crew are lead by that performing ape, band master, Fatty O'Barrell.
Over to you onthebeach!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 8 March 2013 6:03:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy