The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The poor people of New South Wales!

The poor people of New South Wales!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All
If its politicians aren't trying to rob them blind (Labor Party) then they are making war on them (Liberal Party).
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 18 February 2013 7:18:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In NSW The Greens have become the de facto opposition as the O'Farrell conservative government stomps all over the rights of workers and others. Its been left to John Kaye to call on O'Farrell to freeze the assets of Labor grubs Macdonald and Maitland before they can have a sell off and pocket the cash.
Where is Mr Invisible John Robinson, mate of the Obeids, too busy with Labor's internal wrangling to give a stuff about the people of NSW.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 18 February 2013 8:22:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well I believe it could be worse Paul.
I wouldn't like to live in Queensland where my father lives.

They have had cyclones and floods, again and again... and they have Campbell Newman and his Liberal Government, who don't seem to be helping.
They are very unpopular!

Let's hope it's not a bad omen for the coming probable Liberal dominated federal election .
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 18 February 2013 11:06:53 PM
Suseonline, Anna Blighs government created countless unwarranted, unaffordable, public servant jobs.

How else do you propose the black hole created by labor's mis management could be fixed?
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 5:20:17 AM
I am reluctant to post in such a thread.
Only Suseonline brings me here.
If you look at the authors effort you will learn nothing.
I long before the NSW election warned my party, Labor was gone.
TWO full years before that day in fact, I was warning about power sell off and internal crime before that.
Lexi, my friend told me it was not that bad, here Suseonline says just the same.
Facts tell us this, pre that loss NSW more often than not had a Labor government.
From the day Carr left it fell in a hole.
Fact is a third of Labor voters mirrored the criminal neglect of those we sent to govern us, we betrayed, as they had for years, the ALP.
OFFARREL, Won a mandate of huge proportions, its size set by my ALP.
We are rebuilding, have an honest leader, will return, after nothing less than two terms.
So we , unable to stop the rot, control our own, inflicted those two terms on our selves and must both cop it sweet and LEARN from it.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 7:10:07 AM
"We are rebuilding, have an honest leader, will return, after nothing less than two terms."
Belly where is the evidence of reform in NSW Labor, the 'Sussex Street Mob' are still firmly in control. Robertson is too busy with internal wrangling and trying to distance himself from the likes of his old mate Eddie Obeid to be an effective opposition leader, Robertson, like so many of his predecessors owes his existence to Sussex Street, while ever a stooge of the right is in the drivers seat there will be nothing more than window dressing as far as Labor reform is concerned in NSW.
Most of the real opposition to the O'Farrell government is cumming from the Greens in State Parliament. As I pointed out just yesterday it was John Kaye from The Greens, who call on O'Farrell to pull the plug on Labor grubs Macdonald and Maitland so they could not pocket ill gotten gains through property sales before the ICAC could come done on them. On health, education, development, workers rights etc its The Greens who are mounting the opposition to the government not Labor.
Got a call this morning, been invited to a Greens meeting tonight. I think it has to do with what we are talking about, the state of New South Wales.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 9:04:56 AM
Paul some forums allow us to put a personal thing under our posts.
Yours should read bitter member of the near dead greens.
See my party is about to be slapped, all the way out of office.
Yours smashed, one election from its death.
And do you not under stand? the NSW FILTH is the reason we are now back on track.
Gillard and her power brokers, by the coming head on, will bring true reform along with the pain, to us Nation wide.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 3:40:35 PM
I posted my rubric to raise some empathy for the citizens of NSW.

From the responses it appears to me that in general commentators on National Forum are the sort of people who would have viewed Josef Stalin as a good guy.

And I'm a bit lost as to whether some people are trying to write in prose or poetry.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 3:57:49 PM
Belly>> We are rebuilding, have an honest leader, will return, after nothing less than two terms<<

Paul said it china, you still have Sussex Street, that right wing faction will decide if Gillard goes or stays, and you tell us that it’s a clean slate…..rubbish.

Re O’Farrell, a great disappointment, but he was a disappointment in opposition. His betrayal of the “little battler” on so many accounts, CSG being only one, has destroyed the minute spark I had regarding his credibility.

He is a zero, a journeyman and some of his cabinet are lackeys for the segment their portfolio supposedly controls. What amazed me was the speed with which subserivance was given. Election promises flushed down the toilet the morning after the election.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 5:02:43 PM
Mr Opinion>> And I'm a bit lost as to whether some people are trying to write in prose or poetry.<<

MO, i Don't know what you are complaing about, you start a thread with one line and whinge about others responses. If thy don't suit be more specific in your introduction.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 5:07:41 PM
The only way to get integrity into the Labor movement is to reduce the Public Mafia oops, Service.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 6:34:38 PM
Nanny states sympathisers have brought down this house of cards on themselves, and only a clean out of Local and State planning policies will do some justice..
Posted by Dallas, Tuesday, 19 February 2013 9:29:54 PM
"From the responses it appears to me that in general commentators on National Forum are the sort of people who would have viewed Josef Stalin as a good guy."
Mr Opinion; as only Suseonline, rehctub, Belly and myself responded to your 'one liner' before you posted the above, where do your get the stupid idea that all, some or one of us is a Stalinist? Either you do not know anything about Stalin or you have rocks in your head. From your comment I can only take it you come from somewhere right of ex-planet Pluto!
p/s After that comment I can picture poor old rehctub jumping around like a cockroach on Baygon.
Belly, Belly, Belly, there you go again. I said all Robo will do is a bit of window dressing, and there is you as usual, trying to draw the curtains.
What about this; "And do you not under stand? the NSW FILTH is the reason we are now back on track." BACK ON TRACK! Yeah, on the wrong track in the Labor parties fettlers push cart with a great big fraught train coming your way at 100mpa. The ETA of that fraught train 14th September 2013.
Good news Greens dump Gillard.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 20 February 2013 6:38:17 AM
Best look in the mirror mr opinion, the fault is there.
Paul, I think you know, as I do.
Labor by the actions of its GUTLESS TERIGALS, in tow by Obied, died by its own hand.
And the hand of a third of its voters, who refused to vote for such filth in NSW.
that hurts, but no other way existed.
current government got its mandate, mostly from the Obied faction and Labors true believers, remember our conversation the night before?
We both saw it coming, it needed to happen.
It is coming again, and without change it will break my heart, but hiding under my bed, from my once mates, who took Rudd down and are set to take my party down, would only prove I do not believe enough to tell the truth.
Reform Labor needs reform.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 20 February 2013 7:02:44 AM
Labor by the actions of its GUTLESS TERIGALS, in tow by Obied, died by its own hand.
Belly,
Yes & by dragging so many of us down with them. They'll still get their exorbitant pensions but what do we get for what we lost because of them ? Sickening bunch of incompetents.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 20 February 2013 8:25:43 AM
Sorry indy, this conversation is a bit over your head.
My post refers to NSW.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 20 February 2013 3:31:54 PM
Dear Belly,

I just had a look in the mirror as you suggested. And I'm still one of the country's most educated and knowledgeable people. If I was to tell you what I saw it would make you turn green with envy.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 21 February 2013 4:34:05 AM
sorry bloke, fact is if I value one thing its my willingness to say it like it is.
If you have any thing going for you in the way of intelligence are we going to see it here"?
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 21 February 2013 7:09:29 AM
>>I just had a look in the mirror as you suggested.<<

I'm guessing it looked like this:

http://rsrc.psychologytoday.com/files/imagecache/article-inline-half/blogs/35746/2012/03/90635-86859.jpg

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Thursday, 21 February 2013 7:20:40 AM
Ouch ..... rush me to the burns unit. Again!

OR

Thanks for the compliment.

I don't mind giving you the benefit of the doubt about how you express yourself.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 21 February 2013 7:21:40 AM
Perhaps the OP was trying to suggest the people of NSW (and probably by micro-extension, the people of Australia) are damned either way by two parties who have little in the way of credibility with regards to integrity and little in the way of policy that does more than feed their post-representative employers?
Posted by Reason, Thursday, 21 February 2013 9:52:52 AM
Dear Reason,

You are getting warm.

And did you pick up that I'm not biased. Which is a great plus if you want to win arguments and influence people albeit I doubt that such qualities would appeal to Belly who is obviously totally biased and one-eyed.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 21 February 2013 10:04:17 AM
Mr O (may I call you that?)

While I agree Belly has a bias, I disagree that you do not.

Everyone has bias – you and I both. Whether this bias impacts to a small or large extent on our opinions depends on self recognition of that bias and a strength of character look beyond it and open one’s mind to honestly consider, so much as one can, alternate points of view.

You seem to do this but without a detailed conversation and exploration, it is impossible to know for sure.

Belly clearly has some ability to consider an alternative view from the simple observation that they recognise their preferred political party has a serious corruption and integrity issue.

From my previous reading of Belly’s comments, I would suggest their political preference is probably based on their own consideration of various party policies, informed and influenced by their personal ideology regarding human interaction, responsibilities and social contracts – which is where most people commence when forming opinions of a political view. This is all simply a reflection of their world view. Does it result in bias? Yes. Is this bad? No. Simply a matter of fact.

But your thread raises a more pressing discussion.

What does a society do when it appears the entirety of politics in a nation is becoming corrupted and failing the interests of the majority? Is this in fact happening in Australia?

I withhold my biased opinion on this for now.
Posted by Reason, Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:10:44 AM
Dear Reason,

I must admit to be unashamedly biased - to objectivity!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 21 February 2013 12:08:35 PM
Reason>> What does a society do when it appears the entirety of politics in a nation is becoming corrupted and failing the interests of the majority? Is this in fact happening in Australia?<<

That's what Mr O should have said...but he didn't...too busy arguing with my china Belly.
Posted by sonofgloin, Thursday, 21 February 2013 3:31:41 PM
Reason welcome, well yes I am an ALP member.
Very disappointed one right now.
Most policy's and achievements have my support.
But that knife in Rudd,s back, REMEMBER GILLARD HAS BEEN IN A FAR WORSE POSITION, hurts many still.
NSW , well read my posts,two years before we voted them out.
I post stuff about the wrongs in my party, power brokers filth and knifing.
So as I wish for reform and strength for my party, I am biased.
Now Mr opinion, do you think his opening post was an explanation of what he talks about.
I welcomed him too, but it is imposable the link got it right, this bloke loves himself.
I honestly, see no reason to praise his IQ, in any thing he ever posted.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 21 February 2013 3:33:31 PM
Dear Belly

It's got nothing to do with IQ.

It's all about how much one knows and how well one can express oneself.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Thursday, 21 February 2013 4:31:44 PM
>>It's all about how much one knows and how well one can express oneself.<<

But nothing at all to do with one's vanity and how conceitedly one promotes oneself.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Thursday, 21 February 2013 9:16:39 PM
Good on ya Tony! Could not agree more.

"well yes I am an ALP member." Belly, wouldn't shout that to loudly. Next thing you know, they'll have you up before the ICAC wanting to know what you know, about coal deals and long lunches! LOL.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 22 February 2013 5:57:08 AM
Dear Tony Lavis

No need to get jealous just because someone comes along who shows himself to be a cut above everyone else.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 22 February 2013 6:29:07 AM
And I've formed the opinion that this is the type of forum where if we don't let people like Belly be captain then he will take his bat and ball and go home so that none of us can play.

And kudos to those who can understand what Belly is trying to say. I won't be able to get it until he starts adding English subtitles to his text.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 22 February 2013 6:46:00 AM
I am no captain, but Mr opinion you are a troll.
Took a while but indeed you came here as an expression of your vanity and to insult just about every one.
I am what I am rough around the edges,sometimes center too, but post what I truly think.
Unfortunately such as you have the ability to post good stuff but the thrill of being a dill gets in the way.
Consider, if not for us for your self,is that how you want to be thought of?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 22 February 2013 7:24:45 AM
Said ......clutching his bat and ball to his chest.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 22 February 2013 8:06:35 AM
Don’t waste your time Belly.

He’s an arts graduate. He spent years learning how to use lots of words to say absolutely nothing. This is a system used by these people to avoid exposing the fact that they know nothing, & have absolutely nothing to say that any thinking person would want to hear.

They spend days talking to each other about nothing. The winner is the one who can use the most words to say the least. It’s a twisted art form, hence the name of the subject.

Add law in with arts & you get a Gillard. Surely that should consign such courses to the garbage bin of history.

Besides he’s probably a green voter. Haven’t you noticed that those who try to con others with a line of bulldust are the most easily taken in by another line of the same stuff?

That’s why they mostly work in university arts departments, government or hamburger joints. You know, the places where the main product is a pile of bull
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 22 February 2013 10:01:27 AM
Dear Hasbeen,

The problem with you and Belly and others like you is that you don't mind dishing it out but when it comes to being on the receiving end it is a different story.

Unlike you, as an arts graduate I'm trained to give as good as I get.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 22 February 2013 2:16:07 PM
My post refers to NSW.
Belly,
Sorry to disillusion you there but Labor NSW or Labor Qld is not the point. The point is Labor can't manage anywhere full stop. Do we need to hit you over the head with Labor before you can accept what's going on in Australia ? Your loyalty is insane. You are forfeiting integrity with your blind loyalty.
Posted by individual, Friday, 22 February 2013 2:25:52 PM
Oh Goody.
I have always liked getting things.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 22 February 2013 3:17:39 PM
Hasbeen yes you have him down to pat.
10 inches of rain from the ex cyclone and 5 after.
Lost over 100 day lilleys but boy the survivors are powering on.
Any good informative books about them?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 22 February 2013 4:06:39 PM
Dear Belly,

English subtitles please.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 22 February 2013 4:22:14 PM
No mate, I've not seen much in books about them.

I've lost a few of the more delicate ones, the whites & creams, but the others are now roaring on.

My biggest loss has been half a dozen grevilleas. Some rather nice old ones were not up to the wet spring/summer, followed by a dry autumn/winter.

Now it’s blowing the oysters off the rocks. It is almost like living in Melbourne.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 22 February 2013 5:20:46 PM
Dear Belly and Hasbeen,

Sorry about interrupting your conversation but are you both aware that you are coming across as a pair of fruit cakes.

People outside of this website are following your discourses and starting to wonder if The Forum is actually a synonym for Cyberspace Psych Unit and that you are two inmates sharing the same ward room.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Friday, 22 February 2013 9:34:04 PM
Very nearly, and its been a long long time, reported that post, clearly you are the troll I thought.
I guess you have never lasted long in any other site.
You show the unthinking self love and neglect of others view as NARCISSISTIC folk always do.
Given the posts, needlessly taunting you put here I will not talk to you again, that is the best defense against trolls ignore them.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 23 February 2013 6:31:38 AM
Yeah, yeah ...... promises, promises!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 23 February 2013 8:25:52 AM
The poor people of New South Wales. To be more precise the people of Western Sydney. It seems 'The Bimbo' has just now discovered the mass of humanity that resides in that neck of the woods. Like the true Labor gal she is, our Julia is giving up her regular swanky Sydney abode, Kirribilli House with its 16 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and a kitchen equal to that of the finest restaurant, unfortunately Julia wont be there. Giving it all away, the PM will be "slumming it in style" with Labors 'true believers' the people of the West. Battlers who through thick and thin vote Labor, no matter what.
In a typical cynical Labor move, The Bimbo will be slumming it at the swanky Novotel in Rooty Hill while she tries to 'win' votes for Labor in what are key marginal Labor seats, seats that are gone for all money. May I suggest to Julia, if she really wants to connect with the battlers of Western Sydney, that she gets out of that swanky five star hotel and tries to battle with a job, tries to battle to pay a mortgage and tries to battle to raise a family, like the vast majority out that way have to do. day in and day out. Otherwise, stay in Kirribilli House, enjoy the champagne and caviar lifestyle while it lasts, and think about what you will be doing come September 15th.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 27 February 2013 7:09:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy