The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What Mentality are our Police ?

What Mentality are our Police ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Why are we avoiding the threads subject.
Why do we constantly do just that?
In face to face verbal confrontation , it signals one side has lost, changes tack.
What has shooting a home invader got to do with this.
And with nothing but respect, why are we blaming the police, and defending the truck driver, because he was haveing a rough time?
The scales of justice are we are told, blind to class and stick to law.
In truth however, it is the court house, not the roadside, that has room to move.
Avoid it if you want, but once that man got behind the wheel, he broke the law.
Police out side pubs , waiting for VICTIMS?/OFFENDERS to get in the car?
Would we have the police go some place else?, and see those under the influence drive out on to our roads?
Lets remind our selves, of the great numbers world wide, of innocents killed by drivers under the influence.
Too of those left behind, trying desperately to see and end to drunk driving.
Who would want to be a cop.
Who would want to live in a world without them.
And if crying, and reporting how bad life had treated us was an alibi?
Rumor has it every criminal in prison is not guilty, if only they had cried!
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 16 February 2013 6:15:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi,

The system is not perfect and there are guanine cases that do deserve leniency. However I do not think it is the job of the police to determine the facts at the roadside. If that was the case the police would be passing judgement after hearing all sorts of stories, well want can I say.
You said "The truck driver lost his licence there and then." I do not know what the alternative could be. let drunks drive off?

"The poor bloke probably wouldn't be able
to afford to do that. Courts and lawyers are expensive
and this guy had already lost just about everything in
his divorce."
At the very least speak for himself before the court, no lawyer required. Plead guilty with mitigating circumstances, a magistrate might listen. But most likely a magistrate would take the view lots of people get divorced but that in itself is no excuse for drink driving.
We all suffer up and downs in our life but to use personal problems or troubles as an excuse to drink and drive does not cut it with me. That may sound harsh and judgmental on my part, but when it comes to drink driving that is my opinion.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 16 February 2013 7:31:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HI there ONTHEBEACH...

Whatever you say ?

o sung wu,
now we're getting somewhere re Police mentality.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 February 2013 8:00:53 AM
I mainly question how individual Coppers interpret the laws they are entrusted to uphold. Many Police officers don't have that problem.
One just has to look up forums re expired registration fines etc to see how varied the approach to enforcing one law can be.
Coppers just book you depending on the mood they are in. Police Officers will look at the situation & make a judgement of either giving you a warning or if that hasn't helped will serve you with a fine & then let you continue or make other, relevant to the situation decisions.
If you've overlooked your registration renewal you should not be hit with any fine other than late lodgement. This happened to a few weeks ago & I am fine by that. What I am not fine with is that the coppers will not ensure that you can safely do something like leaving your car in the carpark overnight yet when you try to prevent having your car smashed & slowly drive home they book you.
One Police officer actually asked me once to just drive behind him because I would have been over 0.5 but he could judge that I was still very much in control.
Thumbs up to Police, thumbs down to Coppers.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 February 2013 9:18:34 AM
This from Individual; "The academic component on these threads thinks I am condoning driving under the influence. Get into your head I AM NOT!"

Then this; "One Police officer actually asked me once to just drive behind him because I would have been over 0.5"

I DON'T CONDONE DRUNK DRIVERS DRIVERS, I ADMIT I AM ONE.
Elsewhere Individual posts that he don't drink. What were you pissed on? ginger ale.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 16 February 2013 9:36:01 AM
Then this; "One Police officer actually asked me once to just drive behind him because I would have been over 0.5"
Paul1405,
That is atypical academic reasoning with selective quoting. Why did you leave out the bit where the PO so sensibly judged me still being in control i.e. a situation where the one size fits all of the Law shows it's inadequacy. Fyi, I very much like a beer, the drink of the thinking working man unlike the strange warm wines of the pseudo academic.
I know drivers who are three times worse drivers sober than many who are at .5. If we are so worried about drink driving then why not have public transport ? Simple !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 16 February 2013 10:30:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy