The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Craig Thomson, the real reason for setting the election date?

Craig Thomson, the real reason for setting the election date?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. ...
  14. 20
  15. 21
  16. 22
  17. All
Here is a question, the PM says the election date but has she gone to the GG? If she has not then surely it is just what she says she will do. No election here then.
Thompson could still lose his seat and in fact there could be some sort of turn around in parliament and the government could be made to actually call an election immediately. The PM is just so incompetent I think anything is possible.
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 4 February 2013 9:06:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
579, Abbott is in a very admireable position, whereby he doesn't have to win the election, as it is quite obvious that labor are going to loose.

You have around 200 days to come to terms with that, or, you can remain in denial as you have for the past year or more.

Your call!
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 4 February 2013 9:18:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Despite the remarks of some politicians
every Australian is entitled to the due
process of the law and being considered
to be innocent until proven guilty -
even a Member of Parliament.

I can't help wondering what effect all this
is having on Craig Thomson's wife and family?
Posted by Lexi,"

- what ever happened to innocent until proved guilt ?, well he's about to find out - George Carlin 'lying politicians and words'
Posted by pepper, Monday, 4 February 2013 9:24:51 AM
579>> It will virtually be impossible for Thomson to get a fair trial<<

It might take you a week or so to get there 579 but hey, you do get there eventually. What was it that tipped you off?

No, sorry, don’t answer that, leave yourself a little dignity.

Everything his lawyer and the progressive media have done since CT’s arrest has been with that single objective in mind. Not because anyone gives a rats about CT, they just don’t want this to harm their beloved leader Kim Young Naïve.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 4 February 2013 9:30:18 AM
sonofgloin, I agree with you 100%. My partner was an active member of the HSU East for years, one of the 20 bucks an hour people working in a public hospital, still is. Many 1,000's lost their union protections because of the maggots Thompson and Williamson plus a few others. It was partly on my advice she resigned in protest in the first place, the first time ever I have advised someone to resign from the union. Now these workers face an attack on their jobs by the conservative NSW government. Some like my partner have rejoined recently, they asked her to become a 'delo' for them again, my advice was no, not now, not while ever the maggots are free. The sight of Thompson sicken HSU members and Labor has the hide to accept his vote.
Like many, Gillard knows the truth but sold out workers to protect her own political hide. This saga, like what Labor has done to workers in other places, is another nail in the ALP coffin, I firmly believe there will be no Labor Party in 10 years from now, mass defections from the disillusioned left of the party may not be all that far off. The right split from the party once before, hopefully those of the left will do so again. As for the Labor right, I for one, don't care what they do.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 4 February 2013 9:45:54 AM
Nice try Parrot,

Are you seriously trying to compare Brough's support of Ashby with the various Labor MPs facing multiple fraud charges?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 4 February 2013 11:15:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16