The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Being fearful of seeming to proselytize.

Being fearful of seeming to proselytize.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30
  13. All
runner,

There is no such thing as truth. There are statements that are correct, incorrect or indeterminate. I wasn't using statistics to prove anything except to counter your false claim that atheism alone is intrinsically ‘evil’. I did that by showing that religious people also consider that a woman should have the right to choice concerning termination.

You are correct that truth doesn't depend on public opinion. It depends on people drawing conclusions using empathy and compassion using all the known facts. It certainly doesn't depend on a narrow, one-eyed view of a world allegedly full of demons and devils.

It is the lowest form of argument to align the Nazi dictatorship with women needing an abortion. Nazi’s actively sought the death of many groups for ideological reasons. You do a huge disservice to women by your crass comments. Their choice is not ideological, it is personal and has stuff all to do with you. You are a very ignorant and loathsome person for carrying on like you do. Think the Phelps Family and how most of the planet abhors them. Women do not need your ideologically chosen words. You are a disgrace to the human race. You are a robot to infamy.

And then you go on about ‘fundie atheists’ when you are the perfect example of fundamentalist Christianity at its most dangerous, disgusting and nasty manifestation.

I’ll give you one more chance.

What is atheism ‘brainwashing’ children with and how are the doing it?

Disqualification will follow, anything called 'evil' the lie of evolution, abortion, homosexual inanities.

Without these words your vocabulary is severely limited but give it a go.

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Thursday, 10 January 2013 7:10:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David

like all moral relativist you are full of contradictions. You write

'There is no such thing as truth. ' and in the next breadth
'when you are the perfect example of fundamentalist Christianity '

suddenly you believe in absolutes at least when it suits your nasty squawking.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 10 January 2013 8:15:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

That was an incompressible post. I’ll assume you are referring to “the perfect example of fundamentalist Christianity”. That is not a reference to any absolute. There are a finite number of fundamentalist Christians and you just happen to be a perfect example of the worst aspects of them.

Now, can we get on with answering the question thanks?

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Thursday, 10 January 2013 9:33:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David

'I’ll give you one more chance.''

Oh how hilarous you are David. Do u really think you are god? Your wilful ignorance is astounding.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 10 January 2013 10:10:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

I'm glad you think me humorous because, generally speaking, I am. It is an important character trait that exists between reality and abysmal self-loathing which is more your forte.

No, I don't think I am a god, as I actually do exist and not just in your head like your god. I correspond with you and you make out your god talks to you. See the difference?

I presume you mean 'wilfully ignorant' as in 2 Peter 3:5. Well, if you mean I look at all the evidence and not just accept the words of others who could be lying, deluded or as a wild possibility, telling the truth, then, even though the description is wrong by a universe or two, yes I am, but I would call it wilfully enlightened. That means I made a choice and am not stuck in a time-warp invented by very ignorant tent-dwellers from a couple of thousand years ago. But, to each her/his own.

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Thursday, 10 January 2013 11:42:18 PM
' Well, if you mean I look at all the evidence and not just accept the words of others who could be lying, '

exactly what you have chosen to do David. Jesus Himself never lied.
Posted by runner, Friday, 11 January 2013 8:47:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30