The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who would be a good alternative labour leader

Who would be a good alternative labour leader

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

Where would you like to start?
400 boat arrivals up to Dec 23
Foreign aid diverted to this problem
Retirement age up to 67
Single mothers payments reduced
Failed insulation scheme abused through policy not thought out properly
Money being promised to countries where it will never reach the people
Carbon tax which has produced ZERO returns
Paying $50,000 in an effort to make Ashby drop his allegations
Supporting a speaker of the house who made a mockery of his important role
Not accepting culbability for our present deficit.
NBN not included in deficit figures.

These are just a few for starters, and I'll let other posters add more.
These are not my thoughts as you call them, they are indisputable facts.
Who in this tainted government could be trusted as a replacement leader?
Posted by worldwatcher, Monday, 7 January 2013 1:00:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz,

Have just done a search on Martin Ferguson. He may be more down to earth, but he's come up through union ranks, and for me that is a problem.
As a small businessman it has been my experience that the original idealogy has been lost over time.
I now see it, especially when labour is in power, as an old boy's club to benefit the few at the top, and allowed to misuse it's unsuspecting members hard earned money to indulge their lifestyles.

Ferguson has also been quoted as saying this country could store nuclear waste, but this would not be politically acceptable. The mere fact that he thinks this way is disquieting.

So I wouldn't endorse him either as a leader.
Posted by worldwatcher, Monday, 7 January 2013 1:40:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen>> Bob Car for god's sake, a blithering idiot. Obviously you 2 didn't live in NSW during his years. Do you even know anyone who did?<<

Hasbeen old mate, be fair. Carr with Egan and Refshauge delivered ten consecutive budget surpluses. Not bad going….

But he did let infrastructure go to the end of the line in times of plenty, and then was forced take any deal from the private consortiums to build it.

He did reap a staggeringly huge and ongoing fiscal bonanza when NSW house prices and his tax receipts went through the roof in a five year housing boom. But unhappily I could not see what we taxpayers got for that revenue either.

Carr is a Fabian like Gillard, so there is a world agenda that comes before and over rides any of our national agendas.

Bob was involved with stem cell research (therapeutic cloning) after his first stint in politics. Perhaps he can knock up a Ben Chifley for us.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 7 January 2013 1:52:44 PM
Worldwatcher>>579,
Where would you like to start?<<

Then, bang bang bang...lol...

>>These are just a few for starters, and I'll let other posters add more<<

That does not make sense at all WW, we will be here for pages worth.

Let’s list Labors triumphs:
the end.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 7 January 2013 2:13:37 PM
One person that I admire is Penny Wong.
However I realise that to many people
she would be unacceptable for a variety
of reasons. Still it would be interesting
if it did happen by some remote chance.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 7 January 2013 2:34:00 PM
WW, they all come up through the unions, or legal firms supporting
the unions, so if it is labour it will always be the faceless men.
Remember the question is to pick a leader not a prime minister.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 7 January 2013 3:05:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy