The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mr Carr, can you please explain that to the rest of your party

Mr Carr, can you please explain that to the rest of your party

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Listening to Mr Carr speaking on radio today, I heard what may well be words that will come back to bite him.

He said, when questioned about the cut backs to foriegn aid, and I quote, " you simply can't spend money you don't have".

Well Mr Carr, why don't you tell that to Ms Gillard and co who continue to borrow like drunken sailors, as I am assuming the borrowings are due to them spending money they simply don't have.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 18 December 2012 4:38:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well Rehctub, I am no fan of the government but ultimately it is paid
by the taxpayer.
Look at this as just the first change that is to take place.
When/if the coalition takes over there will have to be a lot more of this.
Seems like someone in Canberra has woken up and is facing reality.
Standby for an upheaval by the lefts and greens as they ignore the arithmetic.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 9:08:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Butch aren't you an advocate that charity begins at home. You are sending mixed messages. Get your story straight and stick to one version.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 9:13:06 AM
Hey, I have no problem with illegals funding coming from the foriegn aid budget, I just think it's ironic that Bob Carr said, we can't spend money we don't have.

So what I ask is, what are they doing borrowing like drunken sailors, as surely that's spending money we don't have.

Am I missing something.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 2:52:12 PM
Mr Carr, Foreign Aid is set aside by Fedral Governments to provide just that to Foreign Countries: Aid. It is supposed tobe used to ensure that countries less fortunate than ours have, at least, some semblance of the normal things we enjoy.
Water, Bob, Water.
Clean, Safe Water Storages with the necessary equipment to ensure that water is treated & delivered, often as we know to just a Single Tap in the middle of a village, to the people so that they & their children do not contract debilitating & death-dealing diseases.
Sewerage, Bob, Sewerage
The infrastructure to ensure human waste etc. can be safely & securely transported away from those villages. Then treated & returned to the paddocks to grow food.
Foreign Aid is Not there to prop up a bad government.
Posted by MICMAC56, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 3:21:36 PM
"You can't spend money you don't have!" ALP Senator Bob Carr.
Isn't it a bit late to make such a statement, Bob?
Your Party swept into office with an 18-seat majority. The Polls indicated that Rudd would have won a 2nd Term - despite he, Gillard & Swan having emptied out the $25 billion in the bank & put the Ferderal Government into, now, $152 billion debt on the Credit Card.
You politicians have been bleating about how "Australians MUST learn to live within their means". That is exactly what most Australians have been doing since the GFC (which you told us had had virtually no impact on Australia) hit. But not the ALP under Rudd, Gillard, Swan et al. You just kept spending, spending, spending.
Well, Bob, you have now squandered all the Cash & maxed-out the Credit Card.
Of course you will leave others to fix the mess & then accuse them of not Moving Australia Forward.
Posted by MICMAC56, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 3:32:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy