The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Overlooked Problem of Pesky Birds

The Overlooked Problem of Pesky Birds

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I have noticed a local issue that we should all be aware of in the form of petty, vindictive birds stealing from the elderly. No longer are our peaceful streets of Corvallis safe from harassment, these birds are growing bolder and more disruptive to our community and I urge everyone to take a stand against them. On at least six occasions in the past week I've witnessed birds squawking loudly and offensively around innocent by standers. Many times my own conversations have been interrupted by birdcalls and the distracting presence of birds flying overhead. As if these situations weren't problematic enough however, the situation has worsened. I have heard several complaints from my elderly neighbors who say that the cruelest of these birds have actually stolen trinkets and jewelry from them. One exceptional example of this outrageous avian behavior is from my colleague who claims he was an eye witness to a flock of large, pesky crows entering his yard, and through their combined efforts, making off with one of his beloved garden gnomes. I fear that these birds are only growing more unruly in our lenient town, so I ask that everyone reading this keep watch out for them. At any sign of misbehavior or suspicious activity, particularly from crows, I suggest calling your neighborhood watch or local authorities. And if anyone has seen a jolly garden gnome, please have it returned to its bereft owner. Together I believe Corvallis can overcome this threat, but remember, constant vigilance!
Posted by TeamSomethingAwesomeLovesSmiter, Saturday, 3 November 2012 3:44:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Love the sign in! so long no one has time to read it leave alone type it.
Well you are having a lend of us are you not?
Poor little gnome! now a love child of the strongest birds in the world.
Indian Minors haunted me, flocks of over 60.
Now gone, not at my hand.
Not for the want of trying.
Yobbo up the road did it, then put the bait out on the nature strip!
Poor bloke and family are unaware of how to live in a community.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 4 November 2012 4:58:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Living with the Asian minor birds is easy, its the self-righteous galahs with there constant pointless chattering thats most annoying.

http://tinyurl.com/a2dhoqh

planet3..:)
Posted by PLANET3, Sunday, 4 November 2012 8:46:23 AM
To our new poster.
The unhappy lass/bloke above is a green.
And holds me personally responsible for the fact Australia is waking to them.
Most birds I ever got to know,are worth the effort, yes all the control and stuff still worth the effort.
I draw the line and tree hugging Morris dancing Greens.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 4 November 2012 11:16:34 AM
The corvids of Corvallis eh?

Corvallis, meaning valley of the crows, is situated on tablelands of northern of New South Wales, is it not?

The crows owned the place…. until those great lumbering humans really stuffed it up!

Well, those invading impetuous idiots have got problems, because there is not one, not two, but three species of very smart corvids in that area, which will band together and make sure that the humans get their comeuppance.

Those smart Torresian crows are going to team up with their slightly larger and smarter Australian raven cousins, and they are going to call on their even larger and really smart rare relict raven relatives, to help them formulate a master plan to eliminate the human scourge once and for all!

Stay tuned!
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 4 November 2012 9:44:41 PM
cant wait till the 4 th type of crow
leaves the tower of londinium..*
not enough eating crow.

[i suspect the fairies took the plaster gnome..
=[shoulda filled it with sand and cement..cause plaster rots...
Posted by one under god, Monday, 5 November 2012 1:01:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy