The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do we buy Gold?

Do we buy Gold?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Are you referencing The Two Ronnies, Pericles? ...if memory serves it went something like:

Ronnie Corbett: Good evening! It's wonderful to be back with you again, isn't it, Ronnie?
Ronnie Barker: Indeed it is. And in a packed programme tonight, I shall be having a word with a man who goes in for meditation, because he thinks it's better than sitting around doing nothing.
Ronnie Corbett: And I'll be talking to a millionaire who explains what it's like having piles of gold. Uncomfortable.
Posted by WmTrevor, Monday, 15 October 2012 6:49:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What Pericles and the international banksters do not realise is that real productive worth exists in all people on this planet and this corrupt system is destroying real people,thus eventually,the very parasites who are feeding off us.

Total anarchy is around the corner and most are in denial or blissfully ignorant.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 15 October 2012 6:57:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've suggested before, Arjay... if you want to stuff the banks the easiest way is to not borrow any money. And convince everyone else to do likewise.

As for, "WmTrevor let's do the maths for poor Pericles.Divide $ 70 trillion by the world's pop of 7 billion.This means that every person on this planet should be worth $100,000."

I tried doing the maths but I kept getting a net worth of $10,000.
Posted by WmTrevor, Monday, 15 October 2012 7:11:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wmtrevor if we stop borrowing then our economy will cease to function because our increases in productivity + inflation get expressed as debt by the private banking system.They have us by the balls.We are all in enormous debt thus need more debt to service debt.

This is why we need the RBA to create new money from nothing to counter the private banksters of the USA and Europe.Where do you think 700 trillion of derivative money came from? It was created from nothing by the private Federal Reserve,IMF and Bank of international Settelments.They own us by creating from nothing all the money that equals increases in our productivity + inflation.We are their debt bitches.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 15 October 2012 7:51:40 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This very large derivative bomb I have read about several times.
There does seem to be some truth to it although I think the amount varies.

What has happened is that some of the more clued up financiers have
twigged to the end of growth and they now realise that they need to
get their wealth into different forms.

Belly & Pericles, you do not need your super to be in the share market
you can select to have your funds in cash investments such as fixed
deposits. I know that the HESTA super fund has that facility as my son
has his super in cash in that fund. I feel certain that most funds would have that facility.
If I were you I would move them before Christmas.
There is a possibility of the US going over the cliff, as they say
on 1st January.
DEpends on how stubbon their pollies are.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 15 October 2012 11:49:59 PM
OUG a very long time ago, a King of England used notched lengths of wood as currency.
Because he gave it the Royal seal, it worked.
Some use Pigs,some parts of Pigs.
Some used shells, or carved stone wheels.
Ina crash, I will not,on my 1000m2 be trying to grow ten thousand hrct,s of wheat.
Not using that firms seeds.
IF we ever, and we will not, got to survival mode,my problem would be securing my crop.
Not starving, for that reason and a basic belief in humanity I would feed as many as I could ,and ask protection of the crop in exchange.
Funny soil here, Silver and Gold do not grow well, an old Gold mine in the hills may strike it rich.
But in the end? spend my time in the garden.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 October 2012 5:37:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11