The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Black Box Threatens us all

Black Box Threatens us all

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Davidf,
When it comes to politics and racism, you should remember that it was the Howard regime that ignored agreed convention and played the racist card for political gain.

He failed to challenge Hansonism, preferring to draw their supporters away by going even further and cashed in on growing anti-Muslim sentiment even before 911. He was the one who demonised the refugees themselves (before Rudd softened it to target the smugglers instead) and painted the post-Wik aboriginals as greedy landgrabbers. He was the one who publicly admitted he felt "uncomfortable" about seeing so many Asians on Sydney streets.

It was the Stopposition who let that particular genie out of the bottle and now neither party is able to stuff it back in.

It's true that both Parties are on the nose but it's pretty easy to see which one places it's own interests above those of the community.
Posted by rache, Thursday, 27 September 2012 1:21:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rache it will not surprise me that you will differ with my view.
But the truth is we are extremely lucky J Howard lost the plot on gaining control of the senate.
He had always hated UNIONS but failed to understand his work choices targeted too, his middle ground voters he owned until then.
For he understood, yes he did, what voters wanted, and confronted with the worst of Labor,apart from Big Kim, he owned the lodge.
He knew, we all will soon, Islam-phobia is not rare, on both sides of politics, and matched by a similar feeling aimed at us and our culture.
I would have thought/hoped enough to be concerned with, for any one on any side of politics, exists in the links here.
In effect, the lack of interest is a sure sign we are not very interested in? good balanced politics.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 27 September 2012 3:50:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/national/labor-given-a-hand-to-take-stock/story-e6frfku9-1226483286673
The thread, stunted as it is, was about the control of the NSW Branch of the Liberal party.
By its Right wing faction.
I never tried to hide, in fact the opposite, my ALP too has its owners.
But had no idea Lyndsey Tanner, a party great from our left, was about to agree.
This links talks about the re- building of the ALP.
But seemingly ignores the report we must not see, yet.
And the reason for our near death and maybe an impending one on election day.
I am unsure just what topic we want, we are getting away from deep debates, on deep subjects.
But in time we all will and must confront who owns and who controls our party,s.
I would travel great distances to see and be part of my party,s re building, but not to the front door to hear Gillard tell me I had won lotto.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 28 September 2012 12:59:22 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/divisions-erupt-over-unions-purchase-of-luxury-mansion-20120927-26nzo.html
This link may well become a thread.
Not me, sickened by it I would not bother.
But my much loved trade union movement must.
It is another nail in the coffin of a once very proud movement.
Some Unions we would be better without, this is such a union.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 28 September 2012 6:39:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy