The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Politicians' pay rise

Politicians' pay rise

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Watching the 'Fog of War' the other night I thought it was instructive to learn Robert McNamara left one of the highest paying jobs in America, the CEO of the Ford Motor Company to become Secretary of State under JFK. He first went to his family and explained it would mean a dramatic change in lifestyle as the pay was only about $75,000 per annum, but they turned out to be fully supportive and he took the job. The notion of service, have we lost sight of it?
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 3:20:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The notion of service, have we lost sight of it?
csteele,
I hope Tony Abbott gets to hear about this.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 7:27:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that looking at how much they are getting, they are not actually on the high side of things. But that is just their basic pay and that would not account for how much they get for allowance which is actually where they wreak havoc. I am not saying that they go straight to their pockets, as it would not be fair to put judgment on them just like that. But in most cases, you just don't know which side you are going to fully take.
Posted by myoder, Thursday, 12 July 2012 1:45:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy