The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > USA veterans now taking Aussie mining jobs?.

USA veterans now taking Aussie mining jobs?.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Just hear on ABC TV news that USA war veteran are being offered jobs in Australian mining,Gillards promise that Aussies will be offered jobs first is a big joke.
Posted by 50startingagain, Saturday, 30 June 2012 7:49:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And I just heard on the news Tom Cruise and whats-her-face have just broken up. Media, I know .... maybe some REAL news sometime and I might take an interest.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 1 July 2012 9:20:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
USA war veteran are being offered jobs in Australian mining.
50startingagain,
Who else can you employ when Australians don't want the jobs or rather don't want to work there unless they're offered exorbitant wages that drive our economy out of proportion?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 1 July 2012 9:52:40 AM
So what if a handfull of jobs in the small employment segment that modern mining produces goes to guest workers, it is all just a distraction. Forget about mining it does not feed 99% of us, but it does help pay for some of this governments national debt. In the DOMESTIC economy in NSW, new business registrations are down by 92% and failed business up by 48%.

They are now running adds with a "bloke" saying how as a miner he is helping little Billy and Sally to a better Australia via his sweat and his companies tax contributions. He should be saying "I pay your dole". Youth unemployment is still pushing thirty percent if you take pseudo training schemes and other re classification ploys out of the equation. Apprenticeships are down by 40% on ten years ago, yet we have a record number of kids in post school training programs. The place is stuffed.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 1 July 2012 11:10:50 AM
Americans would make perfect sense. Just think of all those
heavy diesel mechanics, exactly what we are screaming for!

*The place is stuffed.*

I doubt that, Sonofgloin, or Sydney real estate prices would not
be some of the most expensive in the world. I'll take note if
they drop by 50%.
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 1 July 2012 11:20:09 AM
I'll take note if
they drop by 50%.
Yabby,
they will, rest assured. A 1 mill home will still be a 1 mill home in three years but it will not keep pace with the inflation ahead. By all means sell it for 1 mill, just wait & see what you can buy with that 1 mill.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 1 July 2012 12:21:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy