The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The problems of a Hung Parliament

The problems of a Hung Parliament

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All
Tony Abbott seems to be unable to accept that the Liberal Party has lost the last election. Nor seems he able to accept that Miss Gilliard does not represent the Labor Party but a Parliament chosen by the people of Australia.   It's the people of Australia who chose parliament and that passed a law to have "carbon tax". 

Tony Abbot, who replaced Malcolm Turnbull as the leader of the Liberal Party, never recognized the legitimacy of the Australian Parliament as chosen by the people. 
He believes that the sole function of the Opposition is to "oppose"  His constant obstructionism and negativity to any proposed legislation for the good of the nation - which by the way requires little intellectual ability - testifies to his simplistic strategy of obstructing at whatever cost.   His single objective is to aim for a new election to give the Liberal Party politic power. He is very good at knocking the people's parliament of Australia by attacking personally -ad hominrm arguments - the people's chosen Prime Minister. In that sense he undermines his own democratic credentials. 
In this he is assisted by an other ideological parry - the greens - who believe that that "on shore" processing of illegal refugees will stop the boats from arriving on our shores. People smugglers - can now sell their products, that all you need to do is to take a boat and land in Australia.  There is a probability of over 90% that ultimately you will be able to make Australia your future home regardless of whether you will be "processed" at Christmas Island or Nauru. 
If you want to stop about 30 million illegal migrants arriving by boat illegally to Australia. You need a stronger disincentive than either Christmas Island or Nauru or any other "on shore" processing centre, or even any centre underwritten by the United Nations. 
You need the courage of Prime Minister John Howard to establish a processing centre outside Australia AND not sanctioned by the United Nations.
But of course this would not fit in with Tony Abbott's strategy.
Posted by jurplesman, Friday, 29 June 2012 8:52:28 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
jurplesman,

What utter tripe. This is a Labor government with no ministers from any other party. Juliar's promise was that "There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead."

The Australian electorate voted against an unpopular and ineffective tax, and Juliar entered an unholy alliance with the greens and sacrificed the trust of Australia to gain power.

The polls reflect that Australia overwhelmingly rejects this grubby deal, and no amount of white washing by the likes of you will remove the stain of a PM who lied.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 30 June 2012 5:19:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Welcome, do not let Shadow Minister concern you, he may be be Tony Abbott.
It however comes to mind he may be another I dare not name.
You will, in time, see I am ALP strongly.
But you must try not to avoid this truth, the ruthless and wrong unseating of Rudd, by *power brokers* who should be expelled from the Party.
And the continuing refusal to undo that BETRAYAL is The hurdle that must be jumped.
Or nothing Abbott gets wrong will save us.
I strongly, truly, believe if Gillard takes us much further e, the rank nd file, will be HUNG by the rank and vile, power brokers.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 June 2012 5:47:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Abbott has Labor on the ropes in both CO2 taxes and boat people.Why would he give labor a free punch? Just knock them out of the ring.

Labor have been the masters of their own demise.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 30 June 2012 8:07:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jokes about 'hung parliament' from a pole and a 'hung parliament' in regards to all being extra large appendages, aside .... we need to fire them all and start again.

What I would like is a government that can lead a country forward like, well, what Rudd was trying to do. Whether we agree with their policies or not ... and chances are about half won't just because it's in our nature to disagree ... it would be good to see someone making moves forward with the betterment of the country in mind.

I'm not sure why this 'boat' issue is SUCH an issue because that is just par for the course for living in a country with such freedoms and being so close to country's that don't. They always have come, they always will. So lets build a massive processing centre up the top end and move on. If they can't prove they are from a country that fits a refugee status criteria, fly them back. Make that a prerequisite to entry as a refugee. Let a translator/linguist decide their fate. Stuffing around the problem isn't making it go away. It's a basic border issue. Just do it.
Posted by StG, Saturday, 30 June 2012 9:35:35 AM
jurplesman>> It's the people of Australia who chose parliament and that passed a law to have "carbon tax".<<

Bereft of reason, simplistic of mind, and a wholesale liar. This is your epitaph, and I may say it is one that you share with Gillard and all the lying Labor supporters. That you draw breath to utter lies without reason to placate being on a “side” that has dismally failed this nation and it’s miserable people is the qualification for my comments.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 30 June 2012 11:43:58 AM
It would have been far better to not respond to such a post SOG.
Or would it?
Do we have standards, yes we do and we should remember that is what sets this forum above most.
IF I let fly at that post, from the gutter?
We soon find our selves all, dropping those standards.
Let us you and I never again talk SOG.
To our thread starter?
My party is not without wrongs but you if you stay will NEVER see your combative insulter's look at theirs.
Remember the gene pool has a shallow end.
Evidence some are evolving slower exists too.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 June 2012 1:22:12 PM
Miss Gillard may have promised not to introduce a carbon tax, but this may have been the very reason why the electorate did not give her party control over parliament.  The people of Australia voted to have a carbon tax despite her promise. 
I don't know the exact reason why Rudd was replaced, but I suspect that he may not  have consulted cabinet members and just continue to rule as PM  just like his predecessor. John Howard. Apparently he did not take to advice kindly. The reason why Malcolm Turnbull was replaced may be that he was more willing to negotiate with his opponents in the face of a emerging strident mood in the Liberal Party, bent on obstructionism. 
The argument that that the Libs' policy on illegal migration has been unchanged since the Howard days is simply false as Howard and his cabinet members - many of whom are now in the Abbott's cabinet - did not embrace that off-shore processing centers should conform with UN international conventions. I believe with Howard that any of-shore processing under UN sanction will not stop the people smugglers convincing their clients that Australia is an attractive destination. 
I am afraid that the global migration of refugees will remain an ongoing problem not only for Australia but for all developed countries in the world. It is the result of global capitalism with it's unavoidable creation of the rich and the poor. 
Posted by jurplesman, Saturday, 30 June 2012 1:51:04 PM
I don't think this Government is well hung at all. :-)
Posted by individual, Saturday, 30 June 2012 5:16:57 PM
jurplesman, I'm with SM, what a load.

The people did not choose the parliament, the independents did, and even one of this has since been shat on by the PM, after making lying promises about the pokies.

As for the carbon tax, anyone who voted for this lying woman voted for no tax, as that was her pledge.

As unbelievable as it is, there are still a few who support this woman, although they are a dying race.

One thing you can be assured of is that there will be no hung parliament come the next election, there will also be a few less independents on the floor, thanks to a few of the current ones.

They say something goods always comes out of something bad, if only it didn't cost so much to have this bad, it would be entertaing.

The good that will come from this is that I, now in my fifties, will be unlikely to see another rotten labor government on a power trip.

For to labor to lead again, they will have to shape up enormously. And that can only be a good thing.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 30 June 2012 6:45:05 PM
Hi rehclub
I can see you have little respect for the parliament and democracy. I agree with you that a hung parliament is no good for Australia, especially for politicians with little respect for democracy. 
I agree the stalemate can be resolved by a new election which hopefully will result in one of the parties having control of parliament. Of course I dread the day when Tony Abbott will be the head of a government but if people want that, so be it. Liberals have no problems governing - all they have to do to get rid of public services. 
Posted by jurplesman, Saturday, 30 June 2012 9:41:41 PM
Let us put politics aside this sad day.
For it is Bony Doon day.
Whyalla is gone, the Latrobe valley.
Our coal steel and Aluminum industry's too.
Carbon tax! ten bucks a week for every one of us took those towns and industry's away.
Also on the list as lost forever are the following.
Any thought Tony Abbott is a man of substance.
And even more sadly the view held by Conservatives we are so silly we can be sold any thing any lie any panicking falsehood.
Political integrity R I P .
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 1 July 2012 5:37:01 AM
Belly, you of all people are smart enough to know the sky won't all of a sudden fall in due to the carbon tax.

But you also know that the reactions of actions taken today, can often take years to surface, and that's where the worry lies.

When you have the likes of the ACCC warning this could be bad for business, one has to wonder.

The whole problem with this tax, is that NOBODY KNOWS, and that's because even the government is guessing what the effects may be, and doing their best to plan for such.

Unfortunately, plan for the worst and hope for the best is not what one could call stable government policy thinking, wouldn't you agree?

The only good thing that may come from this, is that either Gillard, or even labor, will get the chop and we can finally have an election, and let the PEOPLE decide who's best to manage our futures.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 1 July 2012 7:46:53 AM
I can see you have little respect for the parliament and democracy.

Liberals have no problems governing - all they have to do to get rid of public services.
jurplesman,
Firstly, they don't practice democracy here, they only make frequent reference to it to distract from their dictatorial ways.
Secondly, the Liberals are not getting rid of public services. You just don't understand management & competence. You're obviously a public servant or some academic.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 1 July 2012 9:40:57 AM
Well carbon tax day is upon us, and Juliar is already having to paper over the cracks with taxpayers' money. Alcoa and other companies have had $90m to cover the cost of the tax so as not to put union members on the street.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 1 July 2012 11:24:32 AM
Belly>> It would have been far better to not respond to such a post SOG.Or would it?
Do we have standards, yes we do and we should remember that is what sets this forum above most.IF I let fly at that post, from the gutter?<<

Like you Belly I have been around for a while and I believe I carry the demeanor of a baby-boomer Aussie. We didn't whinge, we didn't run to the legal system over "little" issues, we believed in a fair go for all and we believed we would have a financially secure nation to leave our kids and grand kids. In thirty years I have seen it all stripped away, our kid now make nothing except cups of coffee, we have the highest national debt since federation and we will soon be a NET IMPORTER of food.....and I have had enough.

I don't know about you Belly but I love my country, and I have seen and been in many others. So my vitriolic attacks on imbeciles defending failed and unjust policies is a marker that I personally have reached the end of my chain, I have no understanding for Lemmings left in me. The current state of affairs is my New Guinea, they can't come past this point or it is all over. The country we knew gone, the people we knew gone, the society we knew gone.

Finally Belly my china, I always give facts and figures in my replies, the personal observations are just added background, I do not post to denigrate others, that is self inflicted from the lies and spin of my interlocutors and I just point it out.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 1 July 2012 11:41:54 AM
As someone who is new to this "discussion" board I am surprised at the somewhat shallowness of the discussion. I would like to learn something new from discussion and analyses. Instead we find a plethora of emotional outbursts without supporting arguments  such as:

"this lying woman"
"utter tripe"
"grubby deal"
" bereft of reason", "simplistic of mind",which are really personal attack arguments.

I am afraid I have not learned much from this discussion so far. I learn more from my children and grand-children around the family dinner table. 
I am sorry if I sound a bit critical of the standards of this discussion board. 
Posted by jurplesman, Sunday, 1 July 2012 12:32:22 PM
In the colloquial, a “hung” parliament seems inappropriate as a descriptive.

Robert Oakeshott, what an absolute zero of a man when discussing integrity, and in possession of an intellect that exclusively focuses on his political survival. Even this self serving cretin is running his own little government, albeit at the direct of Gillard’s trainers. He is handing in little submissions from his gang of two or three on boarder control of all things these days…ridiculous. Not just a hung impotent parliament, a politically absurd parliament cobbled together by those who are eagerly willing to engage in this farce to taste power for as long as possible at whatever cost it takes, as long as it does not impact on them personally. And we Australia are bearing that cost.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 1 July 2012 1:04:46 PM
jurplesman>> I am sorry if I sound a bit critical of the standards of this discussion board.<<

Apology accepted.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 1 July 2012 1:09:56 PM
jurplesman, I think your opening statement, implying that TA lost the last election is wrong and deceitful.

He out polled Julia and, if not for the grubby deal she did with Andrew Willki, which she did a back flip on, we would still have had a hung parliament, or better still, a return to the polls.

If you think she didn't lie about the carbon tax, what would you call it?

If you think she didn't lie to AW, what would you call it?

As for the problems with a hinge parliament, as I said before, I doubt this will be a problem next time, as these ind simp,y won't figure in the voting. They have cooked their goose, as to say.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 1 July 2012 1:50:12 PM
Jurplesman forgive them they know not what they talk of.
I did warn you this is basically a Conservative site.
Some quality conservative comment and Liberal can be found here.
Do not look for it in your protagonists.
SOME, refuse to learn Oakshot has been an independent for MANY YEARS.
Or that Windsor is in his second, very near third DECADE AS ONE.
I like the place, but know we are often subjected to uninformed posts equaled only in the worst graffiti you have seen.
I recommend this to ease your pain, an understanding Abbott will be so bad many who support him here will in time scream just as loud and pretend they told us so.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 1 July 2012 5:12:15 PM
Hi Belly, thanks for your post. This explains everything. I wonder whetther it is possible an informative conservation here.
The stalemate about the refugee policy in parliament is a great surprise to me,as it would be to many other Australians. To me politics is about finding solutions to social conflicts, which would require flexity of mind and finding common grounds and negotiating with your 'opponents', that would satify all instead a small group with avested interest. I expected that a hung parliament with a minority government would result in more mature policies. But such is obviously impossible if one of the parties declares that they are not willing to negotiate and declares before any negotiation that they won't change their stance. For a party representing free enterprise and free competition of ideas and enterprise smacks more of a dictatorship than democracy.
With monumental changes going on in our world, new technical development, changing climate, degradation of our environment, overpopulation, we need a flexible government responsive to the best professional advice to deal with a rapidly changing world. No single party ideology would be able to handle this.
Posted by jurplesman, Sunday, 1 July 2012 7:15:54 PM
no mention of Oakshott and Windsor who pooped on democracy due to their hatred of the Nationals. Labour in bed with the Greens and the indepenents have done more to destroy democracy than any others in Australia's history. You are totally blinded jurplesman. Hopefully its not hatred that has blinded you like Oakshott and Windsor and others that defend lying to the electorate. The polls have reflected Labours treasury from the time Ms Gillard stabbed Rudd in the back.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 1 July 2012 7:50:07 PM
In other words you are saying that independents and the Greens are not entitled to have a vote In parliament. These are politicians chosen by their constituents by a section of Australians!
I suggest that you have problems accepting a hung parliament - a real novelty for Australians. 
You imagine that parliament SHOULD consist of one dominant party, as has been the common experience in the past. 
Again you are using negative emotive terms expressing your personal disapproval without being able to explain in neutral terms why you object to the outcome of the last election. Calling our Prime Minister a "liar" - a mere ad hominem argument - does not change the position. I did not vote for the Labor Party, because of Gillard's indication not to pursue a carbon tax. I am really concerned about climate change (a huge complex topic in itself).   Hence my vote together with many others at least influenced Gillard to change her course. 

The reality is Parliament has been chosen by the people, including me, whether you like it not. 
Posted by jurplesman, Sunday, 1 July 2012 8:40:17 PM
jurplesman, when you wrote "It's the people of Australia who chose parliament and that passed a law to have "carbon tax".", I read it as a simple statement of fact but your attackers read it as an opinion. Many posters on OLO mistake fact for opinion, and you have rattled their cage by disagreeing with them, you lier!
Posted by Luciferase, Sunday, 1 July 2012 11:42:09 PM
To avoid going in circles I will now consider this discussion to be closed.
Posted by jurplesman, Monday, 2 July 2012 2:48:59 AM
I am afraid it is not closed, runner like a very poor post before has entered the fray armed with hands full of the product of the southern end of a north bound male cow!
Let us not get angry.
But consider for a time his charge and those against Oakshot and Windsor.
*They betrayed party's they are not members of*
*They killed Democracy*
Now if they groveled at the feet of the increasingly redneck party they left?
Why is it, now think about it, Katter not a traitor?
Our future is Conservative/Liberal Government, we must confront that.
Not because our policy's are wrong or bad.
But because my ALP refuses to even consider it is not THEIR PARTY, not ALP PTY LTD!
It is the party of the people, mainstream Australia, not greens, and not the DYSFUNCTIONAL GILLARD TEAM!
Lies are selling for Abbott,silly things like runners words, the words of an unmentionable above.
But in the end my party is crippled by three stupid monkeys
One refuses to see the polls/publics views
One will not hear our voice
One will not tell the truths he knows.
It Is Time!
Posted by Belly, Monday, 2 July 2012 5:19:54 AM
jurplesman,

Your posts include many opinions stated as fact, with no supporting links whatsoever.

1 The carbon tax lie. Gillard made a very specific solemn promise to the electorate. The excuse that promises don't count because of the hung parliament is one that labor tried to sell, but has failed miserably. A promise is a promise. The second excuse that Labor always wanted a price on carbon if true means that the promise was a bald faced lie. That Juliar pushed Rudd to drop the ETS, shows how two faced she is.

2. Asylum seekers. Juliar stated firmly that Labor would not send asylum seekers to any country that was not a signatory to the UNHCR. The coalition has been prepared to compromise on everything except this point. Even Peter Van Onselen a former labor voter, says that Gillard's statement that the coalition hasn't moved an inch is a lie.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 2 July 2012 5:51:30 AM
J..In other words you are saying that independents and the Greens are not entitled to have a vote In parliament. These are politicians chosen by their constituents by a section of Australians!

And ...The reality is Parliament has been chosen by the people, including me, whether you like it not

This is the exact point, the voters from these ind electorates didn't vote for labor, but their trusted (that's ONCE TRUSTED) members shat on them. I doubt either of them will have the courage to run next election, unless of cause they like being humiliated.

As for the greens, their problem is, they would like to see us all living in trees, riding bikes and mowing our lawns with push mower's, that's while they live in nice houses with all the mod cons, including man made solar systems.

And as for the people having elected this parliament, you're kidding!

Now the last hung parliament, or at least unworkable one, was when that little twerp from Tasmania held the balance of power and, unless it pleased his religious followings, it never stood a chance of passing. And what happened to him next time!

I would also add that once the Howard government gained the vast majority in the house, the country boomed, unlike when Rudd held a huge majority, which by the way was slaughtered when Gillard went to the polls as she managed to turn an 85 seat strong hold into something like 72.

Yep, she sure is a ripper, or had you forgotten that.

The people dumped Gillard like a school bag, just not quite enough, then along came her white (green) night, in Bob Brown, plus the independents, one of which she shat on, but only once she had sured up her numbers with the slipper deal.

Continued.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 2 July 2012 6:59:53 AM
Now J, You ask what's wrong with this hung parliament, well, firstly, we have a PM spending more time watching over her shoulder, as not only are her numbers so low, but she is under constant threat from within.

Now of cause there are the labor puppets who are quick to point out the record amount of legislation passed, but unless you can implement the same, it's a bit like Greg Norman, going into the final round of the US Masters, whereby he led by 9 strokes, then went on to stuff up his putting and loose the un loose able.

That's what's wrong with this hung parliament, but it's easy to fix, just call an election, but labor simply don't have the balls for that, do they!
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 2 July 2012 7:01:13 AM
I find it fascinating when folk like sonofgloin unrelentingly remind us of Gillard's so called lie. One lie.
Yet he and his ilk support Tony Abbott who, day after day, knowingly and willfully lies to the Australian people.
How in the world do you manage to square that circle?
You cannot forgive Gillard one lie, yet you can forgive Abbott daily lies. How do you do that?
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Monday, 2 July 2012 9:33:06 AM
Hey ! Whats wrong with you people ?
Are you not aware that Tony Abbott DID win the last election ?

It is just that three "independants" sided with the loser.

Simple isn't it ?
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 2 July 2012 10:22:21 AM
Ant,

Australia won't forgive Gillard her one little lie, and you don't understand? Really? Everyone else seems to understand. Anna Blight lied and labor was decimated at the polls, the same lies in wait for Juliar.

If a car salesman overly extols the virtues of a car, that is considered normal in business. However, if he forgets to mention that it is stolen it is another matter. This is essentially the difference.

Emmerson was clowning around in Whyalla trying to show that it wasn't wiped off the map. Does he seriously think that is going to make a difference? The polls are clear. Labor is in for a thrashing.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 2 July 2012 12:25:50 PM
Sorry Shad, That dog just won't hunt.
Abbott doesn't just "gloss over". He flat out, knowingly lies.
He's done it all his career.
And he's doing it every day, with his scaremongering.
He's even acknowledged it himself, when he said that if it isn't in writing it should not be taken as the truth.
However, I accept that he will win the next election in a landslide.
Though I wonder how long your ecstasy will last, once the reality of an Abbott/Pell Government really bites.
Anthony
Posted by Anthonyve, Monday, 2 July 2012 12:55:25 PM
No politician has ever broken a promise before Gillard came on the scene -not even a former Health Minister with his pre-election "rolled gold Medicare safety net" that was quickly abandoned after re-election. Who was it? Well he quacks like a duck and walks like an ape.

Even O'Farrell has reached his 100 broken promises mark in his first 6 months. http://www.scribd.com/doc/66491340/100-Broken-Promises and Campbell Newman already has number of lies under his belt.

Get a grip. People were once out to dump Gillard on the basis of her fashion sense, her haircut and the state of her earlobes.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 2 July 2012 1:41:48 PM
Wobbles mate, I want the ALP to win, at least as much as you.
I will be a re builder, after our loss.
Gillard did not lie, yes Abbott does.
But do not waste time defending Julie, she is incapable of ever defending her self.
She could and should have said these words.
I am sorry, it was never my intention to deceive!
I though such an election out come was not possible, that it would be the ALP on its own in charge.
At the beginning of talks to form government not just greens but three independents insisted on this action.
We had this choice, take government, or give it to Mr Abbott.
Mr Abbott had his lists ready, tried every thing he could to form government, had he, not us done so, would the independents still be insulted?
Would he be seen as in the pocket of the greens?
Wobbles look at the lies, currency of conservatives , see the public is buying every one.
See the mix of failure to understand and willingness to lie you confront here.
IF you want to help the ALP look to the removal of Gillard as our only chance to do so, and know only to save the face of fools who removed Rudd we have not done so months ago.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 2 July 2012 2:55:59 PM
Ant,

By that broad bench mark, Juliar Gillard, Emmerson, Bowen, etc are lying through their teeth every day. The carbon tax modelling (which already predicts an 8% increase in emissions by 2020 has a lot of dodgy assumptions which Juliar won't allow to be redone such as:

1) Australia's major partners will have a price on carbon by 2014/5, A lie,
2) CCS will provide 30% of the emissions reductions. This has flopped.

However, it is Juliar's one huge lie, and the economy wide tax, that the voters won't forgive or forget.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 2 July 2012 3:28:33 PM
Shad, except that 300 major businesses came out in support of the carbon tax today.
I suppose they're liars too.
Also, I disagree with your assertion that our major partners will not have a Price on carbon by 2014/15, but we'll just have to wait and see on that one.
And btw, do you realse how childish you sound when you continually refer to Gillard as you do.
Name calling? Really? Is that the level of maturity you operate at?
Time to grow up Shad, and leave the childish epithets in the playground.
Anthony
Posted by Anthonyve, Monday, 2 July 2012 3:47:46 PM
Ant,

How are the 400 000 other businesses doing? I don't see the industry groups giving support to the tax. Not all the 300 are major businesses. I don't see Westpac or GE finance being hard hit by the tax, and they must be licking their chops at the thought of the commission on trading carbon credits. They are not fools, they see great profit from the misery of others.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 2 July 2012 3:57:44 PM
Ant,

How about this headline:

"Tony Abbott on the attack as Julia Gillard's carbon tax bombs"

and

"Carbon tax backlash to hit Queensland MPs including Kevin Rudd and Wayne Swan"

Considering that the voter's didn't forgive Blight after 4 years, does anyone with an IQ greater than a squirrel expect things to change in a few months?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 2 July 2012 4:02:33 PM
Oh, Shad, I see you've really excelled yourself and learned how to call two politicians silly names.
You're making progress, so do keep trying.
Anthony
Posted by Anthonyve, Monday, 2 July 2012 4:24:43 PM
Anthonyve>> I find it fascinating when folk like sonofgloin unrelentingly remind us of Gillard's so called lie. One lie.
Yet he and his ilk support Tony Abbott who, day after day, knowingly and willfully lies to the Australian people.<<

No no no Anthony, none of my posts give any indication of my views on Abbott or the Libs. Other than quoting facts, generally ABS statistics, I only mention the party in power at the time and the positive outcomes from the general leading them, as with how Howard retired Keating’s national debt and left a $20 BILLION surplus for Rudd. I wait until they are in charge before I give them kudos or brickbats.

I have no side except Australia and her betterment. I bitched for a year about the former Labor government in NSW until they were gone. Then on the 100 day anniversary of the new O'Farrell Liberal government I posted a thread bagging the tripe out of his poor efforts to do anything at all except shut his mouth on all the issues he said he would address when in power.

Hope you understand that I am not partisan
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 2 July 2012 4:46:06 PM
PS.
Anthony just wait until that waste of space Joe Hockey is in power, then you will see some real spite and venom come from me.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 2 July 2012 4:48:50 PM
You're right sonofgloin, that was unfair of me.
And we have, I suspect, more in common than I at first thought.
My apologies.
Anthony
Posted by Anthonyve, Monday, 2 July 2012 5:31:17 PM
Hey Anthony, I read your stuff, excellent chuckle, and a straight forward way of comprehending the world around you that is not a million miles from mine. Thanks for that I really enjoyed the read.
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 2 July 2012 5:52:31 PM
Glad you enjoyed it.
I'm going to take a guess and say we're both Tolkien fans too?
Anthony
Posted by Anthonyve, Monday, 2 July 2012 6:41:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy