The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > election 2007 true has it any value?

election 2007 true has it any value?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Already the lies [or have they ever stopped?] are more in use than policy's as we get nearer that day.
A Medea convinced it has every right to bend twist and even ignore the truth to help Howard is doing just that.
On the weekend Medea quoted a story saying AWAs have given 80% more than agreements after workchoices.
Well even if agreements are harder to get from that day it is just not true!
National firms clearly unconvinced by workchoices have given 3 year agreement at 4% a year 80% over that?
Medea once would have challenged the lies now some help in the manufacture of them.
Has the old Westminster system died? is truth and accountability a victim of John Howard's government?
And have some who support him no shame at turning once proud Medea into nothing less than Gobells like lie manufacturing factory's?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 10 April 2007 5:26:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A complaint that the media is helping Howard? Now thats funny.

Medea is a capricious mistress, court her at your own peril, but whatever you do, do not spurn her, for hell hath no fury.....
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 10 April 2007 11:14:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I posted the thread thinking we could talk about the issue of miss information lies and just plain one sided reporting .
The last post must surely be deleted?
And Bugsy you must never read news papers if you think Medea is unbiased.
NSW press has not ever gone this bad, helped by some blunders in my governing party [ I am a member of the party that has won the trust of voters and 21 elections in a row]
In respect of the NSW ALP facts are all that was needed not lies to concern most.
Take the story about an Anzac day broadcast that was to take place in that rubber plantation in Vietnam.
Kevin Rudd it was said, on a front page that screamed its lies was using it for self interest and it was stopped.
Medea got into him and a small story the next day told the true story inside the paper.
Had it been Rudd and not Howard who yesterday said something like you can not be too soft on the Taliban that press would have cried Rudd insults our troops.
Fact is lies are now part of this country's politics and the Westminster system would if used have seen about 5 more of John Howard's ministers fall .
So is Australia worse for the lies?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 5:48:06 AM
Hey everybody, Wayne's back!

And making as much sense as ever, eh Wayne?

Graham, feel free to delete this post along with Wayne's.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 7:57:33 AM
I think this person is a spambot. Or possibly mentally unstable.

Regardless, I think this forum is the better off without you. Most humans understand the basic values of dignity and respect. In trying to voice your opinions, you have disregarded both of these.

So thanks for sharing but I hope GY gets rid of you :).
Posted by YngNLuvnIt, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 1:30:19 PM
Belly said:
"In respect of the NSW ALP facts are all that was needed not lies to concern most."

So Belly, please correct me if I'm wrong, you are saying that in the recent NSW election, that the Labor party did not use the media to lie to voters? You must be kidding.

Lets see a few examples:

1. Labor Ad: Debnam to sack 20,000 workers.
This is a total lie. The Liberal policy was a hiring freeze. When people retired or moved to a different position, the old position would not be filled. A coalition government was not going to "sack" anyone.

2. Labor Ad: Debnam to reduce the number of police, teachers and nurses.
Another lie. Labor ads showing teachers, nurses and police officers disappearing while telling porkies about 20,000 public servants being sacked. The Liberal party actually promised to increase police, teacher and nursing numbers.

That saying about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind.

Its amazing the selective blindness that can be caused by a person's beliefs. I'm sure I'm just as guilty of this as the next person.

I think that it is beyond belief that political advertising is not subject to any truth in advertising standards, such as those enforced by the ACCC on businesses. I'm not sure quite how this could be policed, as I can't really see governments being fined 3 years down the track for not following up something that was said in an election ad. But something has to be done.

d
Posted by Deryck, Wednesday, 11 April 2007 2:02:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy