The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fade from Green to Red.

Fade from Green to Red.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
With the greens becoming increasingly less environmental and more hard left, there has been speculation that control of the "Greens" was slipping away from Bob Brown.

Did Bob resign or was he pushed? Is "Leadercide" a left wind sport?

Your thoughts
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 13 April 2012 2:26:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister....I've heard some crap in my time and you raze the minds of what not should be. "Fade from Green to Red"...let me give you another......"from champagne to sh!t"....isn't that the capitalist mind:)

cc
Posted by planet 3, Saturday, 14 April 2012 1:30:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Excellent!

I have hit a nerve big time. I have subsequently seen a few other opinion pieces speculating similarly on the route the greens are going to take.

Christine Milne is the chief architect of the Labor killing carbon tax, and has enabled the Greens to take all credit while labor takes all the punishment.

Plant 3,

Normally I find the need to resort to foul language distasteful as it marks the author as an intellectual pygmy. However, this time I will not try and have it removed precisely for that reason.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 14 April 2012 4:05:29 AM
Two threads, same headline's bought both about.
Yet different themes.
Both thoughts I do not share.
This one however best serves the views I have.
Bob is not my main man, his party either.
He did not retreat, not run away, he is 67 years of age.
He was the greens.
I question the wisdom of yet another female leader.
Unfortunate or not, are there enough women to keep the greens, any party, up to current numbers.
The increasing fashion, putting women leaders in, must not be based on gender, but ability.
Like it or not, recent events in the National Parliament have not helped, men are increasingly against females leaders, because of gender in politics .
I think the greens are on the way down.
And am not concerned about that.
And that the extremism of their new leader is oil on the already slippery slid they live on.
Red? while greens are the home of so many factions and groups, reds are likely to be out numbered by the lost dreamers of dead ideas.
Farewell Bob enjoy, I will.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 14 April 2012 4:53:17 AM
SM...your quite right in your objections with the use of profanity and well point out. As for your eel type wordings, your a master none the less:) I do sometimes take offence when the string is pulled on my passions.....however, your far from the smartest tool in the shed:)

Politics is, a very fine line, and the writer you wish we not offend understands that very well.

cc
Posted by planet 3, Saturday, 14 April 2012 10:41:03 PM
Planet, Apology accepted.

My original post was to speculate on the growing change within the greens to move from environmental issues to extreme left issues, and whether with Bob's sudden exit, whether this will accelerate. Brandt for example is self described as far left wing, and a green of convenience.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 15 April 2012 4:00:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy