The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Insurance company scare tactics.

Insurance company scare tactics.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Cossomby,
Yes, you're right but that law did not flow from the US to Australia. It became Australian law as a consequence of a joint pact, as you say, not as UOG is suggesting because what becomes law in the US becomes law in Australia.
My point is that while our adoption of the Westminster system did cause existing law in the UK to become precedent for Australian law, no such relationship with the US exists.
Anthony
http://www.osbervationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Monday, 2 April 2012 1:51:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I haven't seen any advertisements as I never watch them, but I have left instructions that if no medical organisation wants my body for any bits or for teaching purposes, a cardboard box is sufficient with no ceremony, religious or otherwise, so that I can just be tossed into the oven as cheaply as possible. Within 50 years I will be forgotten by anyone that ever knew me anyway.
Posted by snake, Monday, 2 April 2012 5:40:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wishful thinking, Snake. In 50 years the message you've just posted will be quoted in an on-line marketing report (aka PhD thesis) on changing attitudes to funeral practices in the early 21C, your alias will be broken, and your choice of a cardboard box will be correlated with your eating habits, clothes choice and political views. This will then be used to support the development of an up-market line of cardboard coffins with built-in digital connections to ensure that if you're accidentally buried alive you can call for help. The cost of the cardboard box will be 20,000 Australian New Yen equivalent to $100,000 old Australian dollars.
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 2 April 2012 6:39:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cossomby

I laughed out loud. You are probably right. We live in a crazy world where privacy went out of the window to be replaced by marketing......How I hate that word and why I NEVER look a advertisements because they irritate me so much, but that's a whole new subject.
Posted by snake, Monday, 2 April 2012 7:05:46 PM
Hey snake,I also have requested no funeral.Will be cremated and my ashes spread on the same beautiful mountainside as my son.Once my immediate family are gone noone will even remember me.I have told my family to have a party as a way of saying goodbye.They can listen to my rock and roll music and have a laugh at the antics i have gotten up to.
Posted by haygirl, Tuesday, 3 April 2012 4:31:34 AM
Cossomby,thanks for the laugh.In this day and age what you wrote actually makes sense.LOL
Posted by haygirl, Tuesday, 3 April 2012 4:36:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy