The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I really REALLY want this guy to be the Republican nominee.

I really REALLY want this guy to be the Republican nominee.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
See:

Devil in the details

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/22/10478701-devil-in-the-details-santorum-hardly-alone-in-belief-in-satan

Click on the link, scroll down and listen to the video

Or just click here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n4jopm7hYFk

The election looks like being a circus anyway so it may as well be an entertaining circus. Obama vs Romney would be soooo boring.

But Obama vs this guy – now that's the stuff of dreams
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Saturday, 17 March 2012 8:52:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is this another of your satires Steven? This guy is a religious nut that wants to expand military spending and sees China as being the new axis of evil.

Israel can protect itself Steven,it has over 200 nukes.The USA needs to set Israel free to grow up and suffer the consequences of it's own actions.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 17 March 2012 11:00:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spot-on, Arjay ! You'd expect some right-winger like Steven to support a neo-con like Santorum. They probably both believe in 9/11.

And what sort of name is 'Santorum', anyway ? Sounds a bit Swedish to me.

That would be right :(
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 17 March 2012 11:13:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The devil's in the detail and I'm unsure about the Swedishness... but it does provide the delightful Spoonerism -

Sick Rant orum
Posted by WmTrevor, Saturday, 17 March 2012 11:40:20 AM
Dear stephenlmeyer,

It has become a little hackneyed but the Chinese curse ’Many you live in interesting times’ and the proverb ’Be careful what you wish for’ seem quite apt here.

That is not to say I haven't been thoroughly enjoying the Republican primaries my self. They have been great theatre. I could have worn Huntsman at a pinch but the rest? Total coo-coo land. There were some parts of Ron Paul’s campaign I liked but the rest is just insane. However even at his worst he is better than vapidly shallow, totally corrupt or unrepentantly hypocritical that seems to be the best description of the other three.

I did like the definition of Santorum that some gay activists managed to massage google into displaying when you typed in his name.

However I'm not above feeling my pleasures and yours come at the expense of what once was a great nation and perhaps the wellbeing of the rest of the world.
Posted by csteele, Saturday, 17 March 2012 12:08:49 PM
Arjay,

Rick Santorum is beyond my power to satirise. In fact I do not think even Monty Python could have come up with a Rick Santorum.

Oh, and, by the way, my post has nothing to do with Israel.

WmTrevor

I believe the Santorum name is of Italian origin.

BTW, like Rudd, Santorum seems to have exaggerated the extent of his working-class origins.

csteele

I take your point. But perhaps what America needs is a showdown.

My hope would be that, were Santorum the nominee, he would suffer a monumental defeat dragging a sizeable portion of the Republican Party down with him. That kind of shock therapy might be just what the Republican Party needs to rebuild itself.

Of course there is always the chance that he could win – especially if the economy goes south. In that case we may be in for interesting times. Or, more likely, Santorum will be revealed as just another opportunist who talks the talk while on the campaign trail and then governs like any other president.

What is remarkable about US politics is just how rare discontinuities are. I don't mean that changes of direction never occur. They do. But it's usually a slow bending of the curve that lasts over many administrations rather than a sharp change.

Loudmouth

I am not sure what you mean by "believe in 9 / 11."

Do I believe it happened?

Yep. I do.

Do I think it was some sort of {delete what is not applicable) Bush / CIA / Mossad / Zionist / Cheney / neo-con plot? I have never seen a scintilla of credible evidence to support that and I'm not going to bother reading any more of that recycled garbage.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Saturday, 17 March 2012 1:01:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy