The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Means tested medical insurnace

Means tested medical insurnace

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Means testing of private health insurance, is it fair, or just another labor lie?
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 12 February 2012 10:58:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Juliar as Shadow health minister gave "an iron clad guarantee" that Labor had no intention of altering the private health rebate.

That would be yet another lie, and another demonstration of Labor values.

The Deloitte's report indicates that the $2.8bn that will be saved in the federal budget over 4 years will lead to an approximate $3.4bn rise in state hospital costs.

But why Should Juliar care, it just screws over the Liberal states.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 7:25:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are quick to jump on the lie wagon. It's an idea from labour, to means test medical insurance subsidy.
And yes it should be, it's welfare for high income earners, and could be dispensed with.
Tony is against the idea, but that is Tony.
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 7:27:24 AM
dont judge the..non core lie
party policy..decrees..it be done

enough is enough
if i dont trust a free docter
its my choice to get a private docter
[private school/private insurance...etc]

if i want special stuff..i must pay more
if i earn 200.000...and want to get the good stuff
then i must pay for my own wants

govt provides for need
not greed

or so we could expect
if the greedy wernt so needy

i can forgive good lies
and by the by..this absurdity of not planning
get over it julia..for once stop ya lawyer word selection

your not that clever ol girl
we see right through it..[but mate ya got a good heart..if you lied ya lied...ya cant get elected with truth

its sad really
but we just know..every promise..we make
to gain a vote..must be weighed againsat the votes we loose promising it..

hence the huge lie
re that 25 mandated carbon tax lie..is huge
means testing the rich..thats just all too true..as close to truth
in governing..*..for the betterment for all..as govt is allowed to be..

no govt cash should go to the wealthy enough
and no cash at all to groups..

keep the govt assistance..to individual needs
dentil health..is our biggest health problem

put that subsidy slush fund into dental
then egsamin..the medical drug subsidisatiion..scam
set a real limit on asistance...for drugs that dont cure..it once and for all

see they are so clever
they dont want a cure...they want your govt subsidies

havnt you learned from the great tamillflue scam?
they made the un declare a pandemic

for contacted terms to fall due
huge money scam..dun globaly

too big to fail
should be broken up...*now
before they fail again
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 8:12:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"it's welfare for high income earners"

There is a lot of branding of any break for tax payers as middle class welfare or welfare for high income earners.

I suspect that in most cases that so called middle class welfare does not come near to meeting the increased costs to the service by the government involving itself in the first place. Attempts to make something more affordable for the few just make them less affordable for all.

I'll quite happily stop getting any middle class welfare if there is some protection for me against price rises caused by government inteference in the market and a removal of compulsion to subsidise others for the consequences of their own choices.

I'm required by the government to have hospital cover (or pay a whole bunch more tax ) rather than being allowed to consider the risk and self insure if that seems valid.

How much attention is paid to the impact on private health insurance costs caused by it being compulsary for many?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 8:35:21 AM
Times change SM, when Julia was shadow minister, it's the party that make the rules. Upper class welfare is not necessary, If your hospital figures come from the noalition , they will be very elasticized, and riddled with holes of a dark nature.
The noalition at their worst supporting the wealthy, they are dangerous.
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 14 February 2012 9:27:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy