The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Fair Work Australia incompetent or corrupt?

Is Fair Work Australia incompetent or corrupt?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
SM Why do I keep agreeing with you on this? I must need a holiday, a Green siding with a Liberal. Just kidding I have a few Liberal mates.
You are right for once on this. No matter what Labor says their credibility is zero. just another nail in the coffin. The worse thing they ever done was form a minority government. They should have given it to Abbott. Most likely he would be in the same position as Gillard finds herself now, very very difficult for anyone to run a minority government. They nearly always fall over.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 2 February 2012 5:34:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No matter what Labor says their credibility is zero.
Paul1405,
To what level would you then put their credibility on what they do ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 2 February 2012 6:59:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What I don't understand is why the Fair Work Commission is handling
the matter at all. The accusation is fraud and or embezzlement which
surely is a simple police matter. It is not an IR matter.

Perhaps when the matter came to light it was put into the FWCom before
the police could be informed as it was thought to be more sympathetic
than the police. Or perhaps more controllable.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 2 February 2012 9:48:09 PM
Individual, When I say "their (Labor) credibility is zero" its in relation to the Thompson matter. However in general I think the public perception of Gillard is she is untrustworthy, I don't think this is entirely her fault she does face a rather hostile media who seem to be on a bit of a feeding frenzy when it comes to bad news for Labor. Unlike SM I think Abbott will prove to be an unmitigated disaster as PM, the man has no substance at all. Once upon a time Abbott thought he should have been a Catholic priest, its a pity he didn't stick with it, his character befits the qualities needed to make it as a priest in the Catholic Church. Who knows Abbott could have been the next Cardinal Pell.
Its a pity to see yesterdays man Simon Crean out there attacking Rudd, it does the party no good, just shows the divide that exists within Labor. I like the quote from Churchill when a new junior MP looking at the Labour MP's opposite said to Churchill "The enemy look rather formidable." Churchill replied "Them, my boy are Her Majesties Loyal Opposition, the enemy are behind us!" maybe that applies to Gillard today.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 3 February 2012 9:38:45 AM
Paul1405,
I agree with you that we can't blame the PM for everything no matter what party. It is after all the Government as a whole that makes mainly bad policy decisions.
Abbott himself is suffering from the same symptoms as did John Howard, an image problem. But only left-wing media & worthless academia see it as such & make a huge thing of it & derailing our economy in the process. Well to me image isn't a problem at all, it's competence I'm after & I believe just like Howard Abbott too will prove more competent than several Labor PM's starting with Whitlam.
Also, a coalition team albeit a long way from perfect will as per usual provide better economic management than Labor Governments since Whitlam.
After all we have the proof.
Posted by individual, Friday, 3 February 2012 10:46:49 AM
The whole attitude by many about Tony Abbott seems to me to be
manufactured.
Oh he would be dreadful !
It will be a disaster !
He is a terrible man !

It just does not ring genuine to me. No one could be as bad as he is painted.
Are we witnessing a Green/Labour campaign, tell a lie and tell it often !
I wonder how many voters are wondering the same thing.

I don't know him and have never even seen him in real life but he
does seem to be a real person, probably not perfect, but he does seem
to enjoy what he does in whatever field and you cannot fake that all
the time.

I think he might surprise you all.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 3 February 2012 12:53:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy