The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > If you were a guidance officer

If you were a guidance officer

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I would advise they become climate 'scientist'. Plenty of Government funding, no accountablity for predictions and the accolades of numerous corrupt Governments receiving tax payer money. First though you need to destroy the childs reason and conscience. You must be able to call a lie truth and vice versa.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 11:43:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner,

Care to enlighten us with even a single specific example of a corrupt "climate scientist" or is it just heresay?

What about those other scientists in medical research, astrophysics, geology or any of the other disciplines. Are they also corrupt or is it somehow only limited to those who produce findings you personally have a problem with?

I suggest you look at how such funding is distributed and how it is actually spent. Nobody in those areas get a big bucket of taxpayer money to spend on personal consumption.

If anything, it's those individuals employed by Corporations with vested financial interests (such as Tobacco, Oil, Pharmaceuticals and even Asbestos) that make the real "cash-for-comment" money.
Posted by wobbles, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 12:16:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would advise they become climate 'scientist'. Plenty of Government funding, no accountability for predictions and the accolades of numerous corrupt Governments receiving tax payer money. First though you need to destroy the child's reason and conscience. You must be able to call a lie truth and vice versa.

Posted by runner, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 11:43:39 AM

Sounds alot like religion, doesn't it:)

Anyone can be a guidance officer, however there are so many players on the fields blowing there whistles, one of youth may find it hard to believe some people about there "validity" of the point one is trying to make:) A runner:)

CACTUS
Posted by Cactus..2, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 12:29:33 PM
Blue, I see your point, but think you might have picked the wrong religion, considering our immigration policy. That is what Rehctub is talking about I think.

Sorry OUG, you have the right idea, but don't go far enough with your born old idea. Mate, if I'd known half as much about the irrationality of women, in my youth, as I do now, what a hell of a youth I'd have had, but I'd need the young body that could keep up.

Dan I reckon being a cop may become just as dangerous as being an army type in Afghanistan is becoming, but of course with much more scope for corruption of course, so good call.

Belly, good call, but I think Indonesian might be better than Japanese.

No runner, that lot are about finished. Even the rest of academia will have to take a big hit. Lets hope it's not as bad as the cultural revolution, but don't be surprised if it is. I doubt Dan's cops would help either.

Wobbles, all of them, the whole catastrophe. Yes there are some good scientists, in many areas, not being helped by the AGW creeps. I have a pretty solid theory about scientists. Their value is inversely proportional to the amount of media time they crave. Think on it.

Cactus, yes that's what they have been trying to do. Of course you know what happens to the priests of failed religions, don't you, & it can't happen too soon.

That was fun.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 1:42:20 PM
Now seriously, I have kids in their 20s, [silly old bugger, late starter], & have given this question much thought, having watched many of the industries I served, contract & die.

Daughter one, the best academically went off & did science/education, so can teach math/physics, but was out of place in schools. Now in middle management, she is, I believe, most vulnerable & will have to move regularly.

Daughter two is a slashing sort, with striking taste. At school she did what ever was easiest to get the result she wanted, & nothing has changed. She is a girl Friday. She may be good, or merely decorative, I have no idea, but I'm sure she will float through life as she has so far. No worries with her.

Son is not only smart, but wants to know everything, & wants to be the best. He'd had enough "school" so wouldn't go to uni. After a year of a marine electricians apprenticeship, he got sick of being poor, & joined the navy.

They finished his electrical training, & shoved him into our rust bucket amphibian fleet.

Desperate for people who can do things other than steer a boat, & tie it up, they shoved him through diesel mechanics, hydraulics, refrigeration, powerhouse operation, & is one of the highest qualified welders in the country.

Having retired those poor old ships that need people like him, they have him instructing, "bl00dy school again", & I expect him to take one of the huge mining company offers he keeps getting, some time soon.

He has what a boy needs. If the stuff hits the fan, he can repair all the gear we could no longer afford to replace. If things are good, he can build or install all the new gear, & run it after it's installed.

We are always going to need transport, & power houses. No one knows what will power this stuff, but practical engineers, as distinct from design engineers, will always be needed. If you can fix things, & teach others to do so, you'll be wanted.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 2:48:34 PM
I am a scrubber from the bush.
On starting work, age 13 jobs that exist today had never been heard of.
I ran in and out of butcher shops from 3 am till late picking up the fat and bones, and meat butcher had finally given up trying to flog.
Lumped bags of wheat up stacks 35 high by hand.
Flour too and carried logs on my back to fit in fire pits to burn as charcoal.
Then shoveled it out or badged in mixed with things that killed you slowly.
But too new jobs came.
Brand new ones new products and services.
Who truly knows what 50 more years will bring.
Care to guess,and end to all land lines phone PC all radio no wires.
Power under ground or maybe even by radio too.
We will one day see new public service jobs, maybe a requirement to actually get things done.
Bet we see teams working on purely environmental issues rivers and streams parkland's camping areas and trails.
I have no fear of our future not work related maybe peace should concern us.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 2 November 2011 4:10:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy