The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Renowned Global Warming Sceptic Changes HIs Mind

Renowned Global Warming Sceptic Changes HIs Mind

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All
Hi Belly,
I think we just have to keep on banging away until the facts overcome the emotion and prejudice.
I mean, there are folks I know who are totally against the Carbon Tax for one reason only - they hate Julia Gillard.
We simply have to patiently wear them down with facts until the urgency of the situation is understood.
Professor Muller's research and subsequent change of position has given us a big step forward.
I'm optimistic :)
Cheers,
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Friday, 28 October 2011 5:12:06 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok, while I do believe we contribute to the pollution, can someone please explain to me, in simple terms, what caused the last ice age and, why did the climate change so drastically then?

BTW, global warming is old hat, mainly because the temp has actually gone down I. Recent years, so, they simply re badged it to climat change.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 28 October 2011 5:31:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well Anthonyve, I'm not too sure about your language. I would hardly call the 30,000 scientists, including the 9,000 PhD who signed the anti AGW petition "a few", but you're the expert so it seams.

Even then I have some doubt about your wisdom. Bring up the totally discredited hockey stick is not the wisest course. When there has been no warming at all for over 12 years, the blade of that stick would be a rather strange looking bit of kit.

It really must be hard for you blokes who draw the short straw. Having to be the one trying to defend the indefensible AGW scam in blog sphere must be difficult. How long is your sentence, & what is your reward at the finish. A week at one of Gore's nice new water front properties would be good. Fortunately you wouldn't have to swim.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 28 October 2011 6:03:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you Anthonyve for your informative post.

I have come to the same conclusion as your good self in that I believe the time has come to stare down the skeptics because the future depends upon it.

Australia is now an exception to the rule in terms of acceptance of the science. Along with the other straw chewing nation of the world the US. Both countries are suffering from hillbilly politics, Australia's Abbott opposition and The Tea Party movement in the US have identical goals. Maintaining the power of their constituents, the Big End of Town.

I have always sat back complacently and thought that the absurd nature of the argument (climate change denial) would eventually fizzle away under its own steam. But in OZ and the US it has gained traction with the support of closed and deceptive media.

Misinformation abounds about climate in our media Anthonyve, spiced up with premeditated xenophobia, chest thumping blood promises to rescind climate action, and bogus claims of immediate doom, gloom and job losses. Without nary a look in for the actual facts or news.

Does this concern you as well Anve, if so, do you have any plans to counter misinformation in the general media ?, as you seem to be successfully doing here. I note that your sources/links are international BBC and Washington (ironically). Would it be true to say that our local media has not covered this Dr Muller thing , making us the last people in the world to know of this event ?.

cheers thinker 2
Posted by thinker 2, Friday, 28 October 2011 6:23:38 PM
You know, Belly, if the birth-rate everywhere could be reduced to bare replacement rate tomorrow, and if life expectancy in the developing countries could be extended to the same levels as in developed countries, world population would still keep growing, perhaps to that ten billion by 2100.

If all of those people who worry about population growth were to agree to top themselves at, let's say, eighty, then population growth would slow, maybe to only nine billion by 2100. And if they could agree on, say, seventy, they could save the world.

Now for global warming, ......

Piece of cake !

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 28 October 2011 6:52:30 PM
"""
If all of those people who worry about population growth were to agree to top themselves.
"""

That's the problem though, Loudmouth. The ones who cry the most don't want to go, they want everyone else to die. Same as the cry babies over climate change. They want everyone else to pay for their luxuries. No way would they give up their imeds, iphones, computers, cars, and Mcmansions, they want to take them away from everyone else!

Most of them don't have jobs, so they scream at the government to tax those that do so that they can feel they've stuck it to the man.
Having a government as incompetent as we have, they are all too willing to raise a few more bucks for their blunders and play along with the ruse.

The hypocrisy of these people is breathtaking!
Posted by RawMustard, Friday, 28 October 2011 8:10:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy