The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should the green senator resign?

Should the green senator resign?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Nothing abstract about this OUG.
The bloke is employed to keep the b^&%DS honest.
He gave his self up, to an up and coming idiot.
I have little doubt Hanson Young has set her sex back 20 years with shifty and dishonest behavior.
If she was from any other party my views would not change.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 October 2011 10:38:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
belly leaving aside the wisdom of working with that particular senator what do you think he did wrong in the context of keeping them honest?

I get the impression that there was some stuff he wanted aired at the inquiry which he doubted he would get the opportunity to raise if the normal course of events occurred. Might have been a silly choice to do what he did but I don't understand the outrage from someone who seems to want more accountable government.

The outrage should be directed at those who manipulate the system to hide stuff that's not politically convenient, not at those who try and expose it.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 20 October 2011 11:50:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fair question RObert.
The position he holds is not one this country has always had.
As you know we stole the name, and idea from one of the Nordic states.
His role,as I see it, was to hold the Government at arms length.
To use his power if needed against the Government.
I, increasingly, fear dishonesty in politics.
And he acted dishonestly.
And, while I gain no Friends for this, I fear too, passionate, a Greens friendly leaking from Public servants, including very strong views ABC media, all of it, can be very much a forum for such.
12% of Australians, must as we all must, not under value honesty.
The man, could have leaked if needs must, but acting on prepared questions?
How much more is done this way.
The lady senator must go.
Ute gate was constructed lies but this is no less wrong.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 20 October 2011 3:11:37 PM
Belly,
Correction! The female Senator must go. she is no lady.

Of course she should resign for being party to the fraud.

She should resign, but will not. No concept of ethics.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 20 October 2011 4:24:20 PM
Whilst I think it improper that the integrity the ombudsman's has been compromised, and in the end it comes down too that. I am uncomfortable with Bob Browns claims of political assassination. I think firing shots over the bow of the Gov't in this situation is unfortunate.

On this one Bob should pull his head in, and consider this affair a political misjudgement, as the Ombudsman himself has ultimately and sacrificially concluded.
Posted by thinker 2, Thursday, 20 October 2011 7:14:35 PM
Belly thanks for the answer. Given how often most of our pollies take part in deception and back the deception of others as well as the long history of Dorothy Dixer questions I'm not seeing anything about this that leads to calls for the Greens senator to resign that would not also involve calls for the resignation of the front benches of both the major parties and a fair number of others.

I'd like a much more honest government but singling out the Greens Senator over this looks mostly like partisan politics. Compared to the no carbon tax promise and what's followed this is trivial.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 20 October 2011 8:18:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy