The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > This test will identify which of the major Australian political parties most aligns with your views.

This test will identify which of the major Australian political parties most aligns with your views.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
This test will identify which of the major Australian political parties most aligns with your views. Just a little something to get you thinking in the lead up to both the elections this year!
It is v. interesting if not a little scary

http://www.ozpolitics.info/blog/?page_id=20
Posted by michael2, Saturday, 17 March 2007 10:07:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The link didn't work.
Posted by shorbe, Sunday, 18 March 2007 11:35:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I did find this though: http://www.ozpolitics.info/blog/politics-test

Here are my results: http://www.ozpolitics.info/blog/politics-test/?id=cc46bdc9d2a8a68db8ddb33c770d3769

The trouble I find with many of these tests is that they often set up a dichotomy that provides no agreeable position.
Posted by shorbe, Sunday, 18 March 2007 11:50:26 AM
This seems to work
http://www.ozpolitics.info/blog/?page_id=206
Posted by michael2, Sunday, 18 March 2007 1:08:59 PM
That's really funny! I know I have fairly conservative values, but didnt think I'd end up being recommended to vote One Nation! Its quite an interesting analysis though. Despite the fact that I appear to move between centre right to centre left on most issues, I apparently fit One Nation purely on my values system. I am still completely undecided when it comes to voting in the State election next week. Neither major party at the state level is worth 2 cents, let alone the salaries they get paid. The management of NSW has been a joke, but despite that, the opposition cant offer a viable alternative. God help us.
Posted by Country Gal, Sunday, 18 March 2007 1:12:34 PM
michael2,

For a while there, in counterpoint to the commendable brevity of your opening post, I thought you had found a brilliant and oh-so-topical way around the 350 word limit with your first link. You know, one picture being worth a thousand words, and all that. "Not found. You are looking for something that is not here.". Priceless! The message shown, from memory, against a photographic background of an empty (I think Senate) chamber. I nearly fell off my seat laughing! When shorbe posted "The link didn't work" I was sorely tempted to post "Yes it did!", but on reflection felt it would be too much obvious fact and not enough obscure bigoted opinion to waste a post upon in actually saying so.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". The amended link in your second post did work. I was glad I hadn't posted immediately in response to shorbe, to later only appear a rotten little killjoy, seemingly ridiculing other contributors to the forum, and maybe misleading them to boot. I was now able to get down to some much more serious fun. He he, not good news for any genuine political party trying to appeal to the claimedly true biases of at least the sample responding to the survey, is it? Some big ones don't seem to have many prospective passengers, whilst in other cases large crowds of prospective passengers have had no boat come to pick them up! Dear, dear!

You must have cut a bit close to the bone, michael2, with the volk at Oz Politic, or with some interest group to which they must answer, because when I rechecked your first link (the one that allegedly didn't work, he he) just prior to posting this, I found that the photographic background of the empty chamber is no longer there! Maybe its the Oldtimer's disease, but I'm sure I saw it the first time I clicked that link.

BTW, thanks for the Terra Preta links.
Posted by Forrest Gumpp, Monday, 19 March 2007 7:56:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy