The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What's so funny?

What's so funny?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
So long as didn't forget his Liszt...
Posted by morganzola, Monday, 25 July 2011 8:26:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From the great Stan Cross, often described as the funniest cartOon in the world.

Aussie humour that worked everywhere.

http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/images/StopLaughing.jpg
Posted by csteele, Monday, 25 July 2011 9:10:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Metaphors be with you.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 25 July 2011 11:24:36 PM
Agree that humour is often subjective. I know while I was living in the USA I began to find shows like Cheers much funnier than when watching the same show back here in Oz. Somehow hooked into the American zeitgeist.

Personal favourites are Black Books, IT Crowd, Young Ones, Gimme Gimme Gimme, Red Dwarf - this is looking distinctly British. Australian satire such as The Chaser, the Gruen Transfer and the warm and fuzzy Spics and Specs. Back to the USA - Jon Stewart and Robert Colbert are very sharp - not at all lame(?), they give me hope that irony in the USA is not dead and a guilty pleasure is the Big Bang Theory.
Posted by Ammonite, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 9:58:07 AM
Dear Ammonite,

Doug Anthony Allstars were also a favorite for me but more recently Flight of the Concords and especially The Mighty Boosh. Who can ever forget Old Greg's manjina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4CgzfjxElY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Big hit with my teenagers and I.
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 10:52:43 AM
csteele

Forgotten Mighty Boosh - only on SBS and didn't manage to see all episodes, but one of those shows that with regular viewing begins to make a weird sort of sense and no-one can forget Old Greg's manjina. Old Gregg - the kind of person you back away slowly from at bars or parties.

Listened to the Flight of the Concords on radio, but didn't catch the TV series.

Loved Wilfred - haven't watched the American version yet, although by keeping Jason Gann as Wilfred sounds promising.
Posted by Ammonite, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 11:18:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy