The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Turning Back the Boats,

Turning Back the Boats,

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
Dear Noisy Scrub Bird,

My ancestry is Lithuanian. I was born here. My family now includes -
Scottish, British, and German ancestry. We're a large family and we
love this country. I love reading your posts - they're always valid and well reasoned. May you continue posting for a long, long time.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 9 July 2011 2:59:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Lexi,
Thank you for your lovely post, I do try to see both sides of any story, and also try to put myself in other peoples' shoes. We all have opinions I know, but some folk apparently lack empathy for such an horrific situation that our fellow human beings find themselves in.
How amazing that many Australian's, particularly those who are westernised ,practice many many religions, not all of them Christian, I practice the gentle Buddhism precepts, does that make me a potential terrorist? no, it doesn't, but it has taught me to walk in other peoples' shoes and be mindful of everything, 'self' doesn't matter to me. I consider myself to be very wealthy, I have a roof over my head, meals on my table and good health, which is a damned site better than these poor souls who are persecuted by people who don't even care about their plight.
Thanks again Lexi, for your comments.
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Saturday, 9 July 2011 4:17:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SPQR,
Like it or not, we are entitled to our opinion, but without fail, my opinions are launched from my mouth, which is activated after much thought and deliberation, not as you so rudely suggested.
Noisy
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Saturday, 9 July 2011 4:31:42 PM
Dear SPQR,
Sorry my friend, I actually meant my post to you to go to "Individual",
Please forgive me.
Noisy
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Saturday, 9 July 2011 4:39:47 PM
To 'Individual',
I mistakenly sent an email to SPQR, which was meant for you, perhaps you can read it, to save me the trouble of re-routing it.
NSB
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Saturday, 9 July 2011 4:42:02 PM
What is it with this country in relatively recent history where we hold up conniving and artifice by our federal leaders as a badge of honour?

John Howard was a master at using his wiles for the seduction of the electorate whenever it was politically expedient to do so. His decision to run with the children overboard motif for electoral advantage stands as an indictment on his character and an indelible stain on his tenure as Prime Minister.

I wonder what wisdom and integrity would look like in federal politics, as opposed to grasping, media-driven manipulation?

Francis Bacon put it succinctly when he wrote, "Nothing doth more hurt in a state than that cunning men pass for wise."
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 9 July 2011 9:16:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All