The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racism - what does it really mean?

Racism - what does it really mean?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Well C J Morgan many of the Muslims beliefs and ways are Political and when people get an attitude towards them about it or dislike them because of it they scream racism. What is the difference?
Posted by Jolanda, Friday, 9 March 2007 6:48:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well Jolanda, I can say that I dont hate you. I dont know you. I guess that the FACT that you LIED on a previous thread makes me believe that you LIE about everything. Your excuse that "you dont want everybody to go to the butcher, so you wont name him, or that I am going to put the heavy on him" really says alot about you.

I can see how your outspokeness and personality wouldnt win you many friends.

You put down every profession, every goverment body. the fact is that you have one THEME, and you ajust every agruement to suit that THEME. It doesnt work.

Tell the truth.. There was no butcher, you made it up to suit your theme. that muslim have more rights and that if you and your children where muslim, the government would have listened. TELL THE TRUTH
Posted by Tootsie @ home, Friday, 9 March 2007 9:49:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Issue. If I disagree with Muslims because of what they stand for and believe in, because I believe it can impact negatively on Australia and by extension it’s people, I am called a racist and if I say or do anything the Muslim person is protected by law and I can be accused of racism and made accountable and have to pay if they complain.

Now see if a Muslim dislikes me because of what I stand for and believe in it is not called racism, it is called prejudice and prejudice is not against the law so therefore they can discriminate against me and say what they want about me without any repercussions from the law and I have no avenues to even lodge a complaint.

That is a serious concern as more often than not the issues are political and not based on colour of skin or race and the beliefs are really just culture and Laws.

It is discriminatory and extremely stupid to only protect one group and not all people. At the end of the day we are all humans and we are all as capable as being as nasty as each other.

Tootsie, problem is, that your negative attitude towards me commenced before I even said anything about the butcher so how does that fit?

Yes I do believe that if my family were Muslim the Anti-Discrimination board would have investigated our complaints instead of refusing to look at them. That would have meant that my children wouldn’t have had to go through 6 years of victimization, neglect, bullying and hell and that would have meant that I wouldn’t have been vilified and defamed. It doesn’t matter what race you are, every race/culture should agree that allegations that involve children should be properly investigated so that children are protected.
Posted by Jolanda, Friday, 9 March 2007 4:12:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“If a Muslim dislikes me for what I stand for it is not called racism”

Yolanda,

I totally agree with your article. I grew up in North Queensland and many times during my life I have been subjected to racist abuse by the Aborigines here but the Aborigines think only the whites are racist.

Many years ago when my children were small we went to a Christmas party in the local gardens where Santa came to hand out presents to the children. We were one of the last groups to pack up and leave. We had noticed some aborigines who had come to sit at some tables nearby. They started to sing out some very nasty racist abuse.

I could name quite a few of these incidents in my lifetime in this town and I know a lot of other white people here who have been subjected to the same abuse.

Lately they have taken to operating in gangs. They bashed a family man with two Children having a night out with his wife to the point of death not long ago. And its not and isolated incident. They usually say something filthy to the man’s wife or girlfriend and when he objects they use it as an excuse to bash him.

They also hang around local shopping centres and steal purses. Ocassionally there is a white culprit but mostly it’s the black groups. Then they accuse the police of racism because there are so many aborigines in prison.

Sorry about going off on a tangent about the serial killer thing .
I don’t really know the history of what you’ve been through.
Posted by sharkfin, Friday, 9 March 2007 11:35:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Racism? last week a young man from another race than mine had reason to come to my door, he on seeing the best mate I ever had a small dog informed me he could not enter my home.
May be its not racism, but its end result is devision and confrontation, on my side at least.
Am I then racist?
I am unsure but remain unsure how many generations must pass before it is no longer a problem.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 10 March 2007 6:11:36 AM
Betty for things to change we need to remove Racism from the Anti-discrimination laws and make it so that any 'discrimination' against anybody that is fulled by prejudice and served with malice and spite is against the law. If this is a truly multicultural country like some really want it to be then we should all be seen as equal and equally protected by the Law. Everybody should be protected against discrimination not just those that are of darker skin or who are of certain religions.

If this is a free country and we have freedom of choice then we should be free to choose our friends and/or like or dislike whom we please for whatever reason. It is not what we think of other people but how we treat other people that should be the determining factor and there are no laws that deal with how we should treat each other or that we even show respect. Even bullying isn't against the Law.

At the moment some can treat others like dirt and those on the receiving end have no rights or means of redress and/or protection.
Posted by Jolanda, Saturday, 10 March 2007 12:14:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy