The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > TRAINING COURSES FOR MINE JOBS

TRAINING COURSES FOR MINE JOBS

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I'm a single mother who is desperately trying to get my foot in the door of a minesite.
To being with I'm skinny & blonde & have been told I'm a distraction, so they wont even look at me! Second of all I've been trying to get info on what tickets, certigicates anything I can get to help me on my way but I just keep hitting that same brick wall. Is there anyone out there that could help me with some info or point me in the right direction, I'm going for my 2day 1st aid course on the 6th I'm also trying to get in to get my MARCSTA & find out about Pilbara Iron courses.
I've bee indudcted previously by MacMahons as a labourer, I also have basic driving skills operating a CAT 380, 320, 420. Able to use electric &manual tools easily for lengthy periods of time so why wont anyone give me the oppitunity that males less qualified get? Please help I'm at the same dead end again!
Posted by JULIE8598, Friday, 2 March 2007 6:06:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Julie, move to Kalgoorlie, and apply for a job at the Superpit. You will need your truck licence (Heavy Rigid). Being blonde and skinny is not a detriment there - they are desperate for workers (Kalgoorlie in general) - my sister has been employed there as a truck driver for 12 months (yep, blonde and skinny), and has worked her way up to driving instructor. The shifts are 12 hours (5-5), but its close to town (5 mins) and plenty of female staff. its a big move if you live in the east, but the accommodation is reasonable (for a mining town), and there are plenty of friendly people there (I know several friends that have moved there and are quite happy).
Posted by Country Gal, Sunday, 4 March 2007 8:57:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy