The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Has Barry O'Farrell impressed

Has Barry O'Farrell impressed

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Spindoc the thread is a personal observation personified when I read the article.
What could Barry have done in the three months he has run the show? One thing that he could have done is abolish land tax and all the associated government grabs related to buying selling or building in this state. The ALP ran investment over the boarders when they deemed that everybody that owned a domicile plus an investment property were robber barons’.

Barry could have done plenty and he has done nothing regarding legislation that inhibits investment in NSW.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 27 May 2011 9:09:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It may never have entered your mind spindoc, but good government has been my foremost wish from my first post here.
Even you will be aware my party has been said to be little different than conservatives.
That belief gave birth to the heedless Greens, and your side gave birth to its extreme right tea party schism.
I do not value your diatribe, words,views, I remain ALP right and only.
You launched into an insulting post, ignoring totally, some in your team are quite concerned at Barry's early actions.
And included me, unfairly, in those expecting him to be other than he is.
I voted for him NEVER as a crumbling ALP voter.
I used him to flog my dysfunctional party.
Still do, my words clearly tell some things, blame Labor not Barry for his actions, he is being conservative Labor was being? still not sure but products of unwed parents in need of help with tyeing their shoes comes to mind.
You, in that post, insulted every view other than your own,cop it sweet if you do so some like me will come along and return serve.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 28 May 2011 6:22:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh- having said that, I'm still happy Labor got the boot- all in all they were far worse in the corruption sense; and at the very least, there are enough non-majors in parliament to keep Barry on a still comparatively less corrupt path.
Considering:
Labor- stripped local planning laws to steamroll corrupt developments
Barry- returned local planning laws, but continued to allow corrupt developments.

Don't get me wrong, they're both horrible and I would very much love to see both parties' candidates voted out for more independents or people that actually take governing more seriously than a gravy train.
Posted by King Hazza, Saturday, 28 May 2011 9:08:40 AM
SOG, Yes I understand you started of as a personal observation. We do get your message.

The ALP ran the State for some 12 years and BO’F has been in power for 50+ days and here’s your story. You find him mealy mouthed and slippery, uninspiring, not up to the task as a man, or his team as a whole, you suspect they are duds, he could have abolished the land tax and could have done “plenty” to open up NSW to investment. Fortunately for the people of NSW you represent a minority view but have long fingernails.

Don’t you think your “personal observation” is both astonishingly premature and just little rancid?

Belly, I still don’t know what it is you’ve taken offence to? What did you find “insulting”?

Was it the bit where I suggested you were a crumbling ALP supporter? or the bit about sitting on the fence?

You confirm on the one hand that you are an ALP activist but on the other hand you actually voted for BO’F? But that this was just a protest vote of course because your ALP is “dysfunctional”.

Then you say “as a Labor voter”, that “Big Barry has a mandate” but “We do not like it”, that you “remain ALP right and only” and that “Barry is acting very bad, my view is he does not truly understand his actions”.

Is this fence sitting or what?

You insist that your foremost wish is for “good government”? Yet you can’t say “who’s government is good or what policies you support? Except possibly the ALP’s alternative energy policy you are so keen to see BO’F re-implement?

Belly, forgive me for saying this but the majority of voters do not see the “ALP” and “Good Government” as anything other than a contradiction in terms.

As I suggested, this all seems like running fingernails down the blackboard, what on earth do you actually stand for?
Posted by spindoc, Saturday, 28 May 2011 10:41:27 AM
spindoc try to keep up, I will write slowly.
About two years and some months ago, I and a third of my party's voters said we would be voting for Barry.
You are aware his record majority proves we did?
In this thread, do you read before insulting? I said it would take two landslide elections to unseat him.
We have elections every 4 years so 8 years.
I reminded in my first second and third posts, my party , not Barry is to be blamed.
In other threads, I said our destruction was the only way we could rebuild.
Again in this one, I thank Barry, the only true opposition so far, in NSW for letting us get a few seats back next election.
He has every right to do as he wishes, only fools did not know he would.
I did, and still knew/know my party made it happen.
BUT if enough of us, constantly remind them,and enough like you constantly remind us how truly blind conservatives are,SOME that is our return will be as a better party/government.
One day, believe me, the true nature of Tony Abbott his crew who have high jacked conservatism will be seen, no less a black hole awaits him and them.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 28 May 2011 12:36:19 PM
OK Belly, now I understand.

You are a welded on ALP activist and trade union member who voted Liberal to punish your own party, which you now resent because the ALP is dysfunctional and they forced you into this action against your ALP principles. You expect the ALP to learn from this punishment as this destruction will force the ALP to rebuild and get back into power through two (?) landslide elections before Tony Abbott finishes high jacking the conservatives because they are truly blind and will fall into the same black hole that the ALP is about to climb out of.

Thank you for typing slowly, it took me a while but by jolly, we got there
Posted by spindoc, Saturday, 28 May 2011 2:20:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy