The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Has Barry O'Farrell impressed

Has Barry O'Farrell impressed

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Perhaps for NSW it's still too early to judge? Or perhaps as you point out - we could all use politicians whose loyalties lay more with their constituents then their party. People like Tony Windsor come to mind.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/
Posted by jerlin09, Thursday, 26 May 2011 9:58:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tony Windsor, yes some judge him harshly.
Most never knew him, and few know his history.
But he, in my view, a ALP member, is as good a man as any in that place.
He backed conservative in NSW .
He is an honest man, who long ago left the nationals owed them nothing.
It is not too early to judge.
It is too early to cry.
Labor and its followers let low thugs/self interested mugs/ and even worse turn each single vote mine too, in to a credit to be used and abused.
Yes we know our sins we are working to be better, we are better for their absents.
But the self inflicted wound NSW Labor is must bleed even more before we can say enough.
The NSW ALP is as much guilty as Barry is here.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 27 May 2011 5:48:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some in the union will be unhappy with my words, so be it.
Hiding behind a word that is a lie, SOLIDARITY that hides incompetence is a path to not serving the best interests of membership.
Solidarity miss uses my reason for being union, only the best should serve always.
I left my union job early.
22 years of fighting the NSW RTA made me a position as union official.
In time I took over my old workplace as one of my responsibility's.
A person in the wrong job, constantly got involved in things he knew nothing about, never will.
I left , refusing to let him interfere with my work in the RTA a group running on madness.
You will read of Barry's intention to control public service wage deals.
You will not hear, maybe not care about the reality's involved.
That control is stalling wage deals for out door workers in Forests Parks RTA .
no! not union thuggery!
Look please do,at the RTA it told its workers it wanted 2.5% productivity improvements.
Then told them, no negotiations! what those would be.
Roadside slashers sold of transported away in the middle of the night.
Roadside toilets and rubbish let to contract.
No union worker involvement.
That SAVING BECAME A LOSS!
2.5% savings cost more.
And who do you think will carry the bucket?
government out door workers see jobs and contracts won after these stupid things take place,a carton of beer can buy influence that would stun you.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 27 May 2011 6:08:04 AM
SOG, we seem to be debating half a question.

Has Barry O’Farrell Impressed? Next part of the question, “impressed who?”

Has he impressed Kate Sikora, the minority and ALP party support base?
No!
Should he?
No!
Did we expect him to?
No!
Does this carping bunch of losers represent anything remotely connected to a majority view?
No?
Is there a State election imminent?
No?
Do the current majority of NSW electors give rats what the losers think?
No!
Do they think it’s time to give Robertson a go?
No!

Does this thread demonstrate the desolation, despair, anger, frustration and utter absence of reality of ALP supporters?

YES!

C’mon folks, for pity’s sake get over it and move on.
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 27 May 2011 9:28:42 AM
I greatly respect the thoughts and ideas of some conservatives.
You can find if you look good on both sides of any debate.
As the main defender of Barry OFarrel in this thread and an activist ALP member let me say this.
SPINDOC it is impossible, for me to find ANYTHING about your posting style and content, to admire.
Based only on your words respect in ANY WAY is not something I can ever have for you.
Now my story above came about under a Labor government, not in control of its departments or its Ministers.
Big Barry MUST focus on those who drove this series of events, he can do no more harm to those Ministers, but the public service is dysfunctional and should not be rewarded for it, get the knife out Bazz.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 27 May 2011 1:18:05 PM
Belly,

<< I greatly respect the thoughts and ideas of some conservatives.>>

Really? And which ones would those be and on what policy issues?

Perhaps an answer from you would help someone like me understand how on earth you can be an “ALP activist” on the one hand and be defender of anything conservative. I don’t believe you Belly. You are a “crumbling ALP supporter” and embarrassed by what is happening to the ALP.

If you find my style or content “offensive” you can always say what has caused offence then I can apologize to you, but to suggest you “don’t admire” it makes me wonder why you feel any obligation to admire anything as a condition for debate? This is OLO and outside the consequences of breaching GY’s terms and conditions, I see no obligation for “admiration”.

I will suggest to you that it is time some posters stopped running their fingernails down the blackboard. This is fast becoming a forum for “whining” from those who have difficulty grasping reality, this thread offers many examples. If you don’t like what the ALP has done to its support base then tough, your pollies, and your party.

Back them by all means, criticize them if you need to, but don’t try to tell Liberal supporters or BO’F how to run things “your way”. Stop trying to sit on the political fence otherwise you run the risk of “splitting your difference”
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 27 May 2011 4:57:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy