The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should animal euthanasia be illegal?

Should animal euthanasia be illegal?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All
I think that it is wrong just to have animals put down because the owner refuses to pay for treatment. I strongly suggest new laws be put in place for this. These are basically being disallowed to have any future pets or a potential jail sentence.
Posted by JLK2707, Wednesday, 4 May 2011 11:12:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why not solve the problem by addressing the root cause, JLK2707?

>>I think that it is wrong just to have animals put down because the owner refuses to pay for treatment<<

Of course it is wrong.

But instead of waiting until the pet owner has tired of paying the vet's bills, or even just running around with a pooper-scooper, why do we not simply outlaw the owning of animals for recreational purposes?

I need a license to drive my car, before which I need to pass certain tests. If we were to apply the same principle to pet-owning, we could limit the exploitation of dumb animals to only those folk with a genuine need. Blind people, for example, who need the assistance that the animal can provide, and who therefore have an employer/employee relationship, rather than a master/slave one.

Because as with any form of slavery, the owner feels they have permission to do anything they like. Including, as you point out, terminating their existence.

One day, I hope, we will realize how primitive - barbaric even - is the practice of owning an animal, purely for our own selfish pleasure.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 5 May 2011 8:36:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dog's have masters, but cat's have slaves.

The cure for terminaly ill animals only costs 22 cents.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

I guess JLK2707 is one of those Namby Pamby, Politically Correct, Greenie crybabies. If they were a sick dog....
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 5 May 2011 9:26:42 AM
to murder any living thing
kills that part of gods living essence
sustaining that life to live

that we do to the least
or allow to be done upon the helpless or dumb
we do to the most

death demeans us all
only for food..or in the care to end suffering
not convenience

what about animal testing?
or dicecting animals to inflict pain and suffering
[there is a vivisectionist level in hell..where they get theirs

the only problem being rule one
that we do[even to them]..we do to good[god]
sustaining even the most vile..their very lives

to stand back and do nothing
means we share their guilt

just like allowing wars/murder/child molestation
or our leaders to be lied to..[or lying to us]

*just ignoring it
is as bad as doing it

doing nothing credits no-one

to murder anything..is vebotten
[and the law reads murder..not just...'kill']

there is no such thing as a just kill
once you know..your obligated to act
doing nothing is not an option
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 5 May 2011 9:32:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I had my dog euthanised.

I would also like the choice for myself when and if the time comes.
Posted by Jewely, Thursday, 5 May 2011 10:40:38 AM
Hahahaha Jayb, great stuff.

I'm with Pericles. In fact I'm generally against this humanising of animals, and the total inconsistency and hypocrisy of eating some animals and wanting to save the cute ones and killing 'vermin'. I find it really amusing we feed cats cows milk and we feed dogs dead cows. I find it really strange when people get upset at the Chinese eating dogs and cats or the Japanese eating whales. Maybe it's just racism.

I might start a movement for rat's rights. I wonder how many greenies would join me. Or Roach Rights! I want bring out a line of Tuna Friendly tinned Dolphin.

Then again, it happens with humans too. You see people comment on a death of a little girl, saying how it's even more tragic because she was so beautiful.

I reckon there are thousands of ugly little kids that get abducted that you never hear about.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 5 May 2011 10:48:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy