The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CMC and Crime Stoppers

CMC and Crime Stoppers

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Hasbeen.

Crime and corruption are not the exclusive domain of ALP dimwits.

Are you trying to say that Fitzgerald 'invented' the crimes he exposed, that many of us were well aware of at the time, albeit not in detail, but the media refused to expose, for years and years, until Dickie and Masters?
Posted by The Blue Cross, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 9:39:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TBC you waste your time, at least in head butting me you are heard.
Hasbeen has no intention of ever letting the light of truth get in the way of his biases.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 12:32:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Too true Belly.

Poor Hasbeen is still smarting because the Fitzgerald Enquiry was set up by Bill Gunn, a totally non-corrupt National pollie.

Then Mike Ahern as Nat' leader carried on with it and oversaw the end of the Joh era as a result.

Good on both of them too.

But Fitzgerald has recently warned of ALP backsliding.

The jailing of one ALP MLA is seen as an 'isolated' incident, but it sure looks like there were a lot of eager business people ready to help him be bribed, so, right or wrong, the suspicious mind (not me though) tends to wonder if it isn't far more widespread with such a long serving government.

I doubt this is an 'ALP' issue any more than it would have been a particularly 'National' one under Joh, simply a total lack of ethics in the public sphere of government coupled with a poorly informed and disengaged public who neither understand 'politics' nor get treated as people with sufficient intelligence to handle complex issues.

Many are clearly not, but probably more are.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 12:59:46 PM
Belly, there has never been anyone I have ever conversed with more biased than you.

You'll even vote for them when you know they are crooks.

Blue in the day there was no one more anti Joh than me.

It was one of the important lessons of my life when I found that every premier since him has been worse, less competent, & more easily led. It taught me to be careful what you wish for. Chucking someone out because you don't like them is thwart with the danger of replacing them with someone much worse.

Hell I was even pro Whitlam in the early days, before it became obvious he should have been certified, not elected.

If ever you find someone in your party with half a brain, let me know. First you will have to get out of the girls club. The bunch of ladies you have stuck in front of us have knocked the women's movement back a decade or two, they have been so bad. Labor, & women in general, will spend a number of years recovering from the misguided attempt to harness the female vote to your cause. [Sorry, party without a cause]. You haven't yet come up with one that could run a corner shop, & that will cost you for years.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 3:23:17 PM
Hasbeen ,mate, you are kidding me? you are aware I voted against my party in NSW?
Look at your posts, no one with understanding can lay that claim.
The one inferring ANY Queensland government in its history EVER GOT CLOSE to being as bent as Joe's.
Mate it is not my intention to hurt you, but in my view your self confidence is badly miss placed as is your under standing.
My post history is all the evidence I need to make the claim you show lack of understanding in saying some thing so silly.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 7:20:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy