The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > O'Farrells Axe Man Max-Moore Wilton is a worry

O'Farrells Axe Man Max-Moore Wilton is a worry

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Articles in Crikey and the Fin review have revealed Barry O'Farrell has named his choice of infrastructure czar for NSW, Max-Moore Wilton.

The would be premier's choice is in line with the tenor of his whole plans for government: More macquarie mates in charge of decision making,taking orders from ghost of the past and now IPA appointee Nick Greiner with more public money spent on partnerships with the private sector, and a total rewrite of planning laws, in favour of developers (Barry O'Farrell's only stated measure of success will be the number of cranes on the skyline).

And if Max-Moore Wilton's record is anything to go by, massive public sector staff cuts like the ones that followed in the wake of his career through the corporate world.
Posted by Handle, Friday, 18 February 2011 2:29:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know Max the Axe, have spoken many times about my contact with him here in OLO.
He has always been used by conservatives Howard did then put him in to his current job.
He for a while worked as head of the NSW RTA under both Nicks conservative government and Labors first term.
I spoke of him refusing to leave until a unionist shook his hand, that never happened, it is extremely weird how much he values his self image.
And of him dashing out into Elizabeth Street Sydney intent on dragging us back after we walked out on him.
I wounder forever,why ANY GOVERNMENT needs such a man to do its bidding.
He is a black knight and uses fear not anything else.
While I have always thought it would be interesting to know his head Doctor I see no reason to fear him.
Barry in saying he is to use him, if he is, is showing he is not aware it drives Labor voters to greens .
Blame my mob the ALP they too are sheep dogs trying to drive sheep in directions we will not go.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 19 February 2011 4:59:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On his first day as the chief executive officer of the Maritime Services Board, Max's first action as the new boss was to sack the car-park attendant who told him he must park in his allocated spot, fact, egotist.

Max was head of the PM's dept when they privatized Sydney airport and six months later was CEO of said airport, fact, corrupt.

The Macquarie Moore Wilton and Barry show for NSW, that is a foreboding of the cronyism to come, the Dingo's are assembling for the feast. We gotta vote every independant out there in, we need pollies who do not know the big end of town.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 19 February 2011 12:56:35 PM
Glad you knew that Sonofgloin, most will not and it is true he did just that.
Went on to be an urban legend, slit the throats of workers there and tried it in every place he ever worked.
But once the ALP fell this low we have to suffer too,we is NSW workforce, Max will get his revenge and know what? he will be a valued tool in rebuilding the ALP.
Not alone however Sack em Cess, went around his jobs,construction , only exercise he ever got was jumping to conclusions.
Up set at a crew having morning tea out of hours he sacked them all.
Loved it! PMG workers not his,
Three days after he sacked me,for being out of the pit, on my way to the first aid shed three broken fingers.
Back at work hand in plaster and AWU site delegate with in a week.
Been about ever since about 40 years maybe more.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 19 February 2011 4:27:28 PM
I just want to echo the sentiments of 'Handle" regarding Max "the Axe" Moore Wilton. If anyone can save the O'Farrell/Liberal Corporation money it Max. He without conscience or forthought will slash the jobs of hard-working public servants throughout all departments in NSW. But is smaller always better when it comes to service delivery? I think not. Come on Barry if you want to do better and come to government as a clean skin looking after your conservative head-kickers is not the way.
I hope someone from your office subscribes to this website and tells you what we, the people think.
Posted by Taurus, Monday, 21 February 2011 1:04:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy