The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Congratulations On Line Opinion

Congratulations On Line Opinion

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
It really is a great site and a good concept. Certainly puts a smile on my face (most of the time!).
Posted by Country Gal, Monday, 19 February 2007 8:02:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep. T'is a quality site, with about the right mix of passion and informed debate. (Yeah, I know, we all get a little frustrated by certain 'passions' but heck, that's kinda the point).

I don't necessarily agree with most, but with only a couple of exceptions I think everyone here tends to consider what others have to say. They mightn't always take it on board, but you can almost always count on at least one post that makes you stop and think for a moment before writing a reply.

Then again, sometimes a post gets up your nose and you just rant (hmm. Perhaps some of my more recent posts on immigration were a tad ranty, but heck, I guess I made my point).

But there's room here for that too I guess. The discussions aren't too sterile, but not an emotive free for all either. As long as OLO manages to occupy the space in between, it should remain interesting.

Cheers to you all - spendocrat, rainier and CJ Morgan for some thoughtful posts I can agree with and yes, to you too Boaz and even runner and numbat for some that I disagree with but can consider... Perhaps even Leigh too, though I think we'd need to put our ranting fingers aside...
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 19 February 2007 10:01:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Likewise TRTL, and my best wishes to my other comrades and acquaintances too.

If you would have told me ten years ago that I would be discussing a whole range of social and cultural issues on a computer with lots of other people across the nation, I would have thought you were a few bob short of quid.

But here we are! LOL
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 20 February 2007 8:13:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spot on, Rainier - 10 years ago I thought email listservers were pretty amazing.

And here we are... LOL... or is that OLO? ;)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 20 February 2007 10:05:44 PM
Oh - and thanks TRTL. Your comments often provide welcome relief in some of the less enlightened threads :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 20 February 2007 10:09:10 PM
Thanks for all the very kind comments. When I started working on OLO three years ago I was intrigued with the model of an independent online media outlet. Since then it has grown immensely with the support of many fine writers who also believed in the concept. Can I please chip in with my HUGE thank you to all those writers who submit articles, write articles especially and who go out of their way to assist me. They really are the nicest bunch of people and without them there would be no OLO.
Susan Prior
Editor
Posted by SusanP, Friday, 23 February 2007 8:53:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy