The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How Much Longer can this Continue?

How Much Longer can this Continue?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Mr Ward's murderers

Have apparently been charged

There may be justice
Posted by Shintaro, Thursday, 10 February 2011 5:34:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Shintaro missed that good news.
From my past work life,that story above, the gentle man having lost his job after 23 years of being hidden up the back of the truck, by his white mates,called them every filthy name racist name in the book.
Told me it was my job, I HAD TO GET HIM RE EMPLOYED BECAUSE HE WAS, HIS WORDS ABO.
want to hear ten other such storys?
On a night time trip to help DOCs I drove from 8 pm till 2 am, had to start work at 5,bringing 4 youths home from a north coast town, they bragged every inch of the way about the busts they had done.
Not all like that but too many are, drop the wet eye stuff give them more than me any fair thing but make very sure we get away from the idea ANY AUSTRALIAN should never work for his /her own benefits.
IF we stop the cringing, if we say enough this MUST CHANGE if we ignore claims to leave them to rot in the out back we can fix this problem.
Any one care to know road instruction training jobs for Aboriginal youth have a failure rate well over 50%
Want to know how much I put in trying to mentor and help?
Keep the PC away they bring nothing but back ward steps.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 10 February 2011 6:04:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly:

Geeze…Some times I wonder Belly. Its an attitude thing. Don’t be a sucker to them. They all have huge numbers of uncles and aunties to call on in emergencies, brothers, sisters, cousins..on it goes. They are a tribe; people expect to romp into their tribe and tell them how to live. Who’s the fool?

I caught a sixteen year old Aboriginal kid at 5.30Am just a few days ago; red handed trying to knock off my car. What did I do…Nothing! Got my goods back and told him to behave himself. Point is I knew all his family, Uncles, Aunties, Cousins you name it. All of them good people to my mind. Actually served some prison time with a couple of them. It was actually fun being locked up with them; and very handy at times I assure you! Its an attitude thing Belly
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 10 February 2011 6:57:47 PM
Diver Dan we you I all of us are a product of our up bringing our education and our environment.
And, some overlook that,yes at times some first Australians behave in ugly ways.
But I say clearly we can be blamed for much of that.
We have had 200 years to fix much of todays problems.
We let Churches and such, purely stupid PC, get in the way.
IF today work was provided not hand outs, if accountability not cuddling took place.
If youth did not commit crimes because prison is better than home.
If we stopped do gooders doing harm, if children known to be sexually asulted are heard not ignored.
It serves some white mens purpose to not insist on and end to shanty town living.
Some feed like sharks on grog addiction some feed from the Aboriginal industry.
And some on both sides,are purely racist.
We should start again.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 11 February 2011 6:13:37 AM
We should start again.
Belly,
Ditto !
Posted by individual, Friday, 11 February 2011 6:37:37 AM
How much longer can this continue? For quite a while, I should imagine. The problem as I see it is that our Indigenous people are unique among minorities in that they were denied basic civil rights until the 1960s. Moreover, they have traditionally been people who lived in rural areas, beginning to migrate to larger cities only a few generations ago. They have been isolated from the economic mainstream for most of their history. There is relatively little social mobility - they are enmeshed in a tangle of economic, family, and other problems, its members are at a severe, self-perpetuating disadvantage. the current means of tackling this inequality - financial assistance, preferential hiring, and the like - doesn't appear to be working. Increased welfare benefits only help perpetuate illegitimacy and dependency among people who have few employment prospects and little hope that things will improve; preferential employment can help those with the educational credentials necessary for good jobs, but is useless for those without them. A different approach is needed, one that would involve the Indigenous community's taking responsibility to reverse the breakdown of the ghetto family structure and values. Many Indigenous people reject this approach, which they see as an example of "blaming the victim" for faults that originate in the society beyond. They see their underclass as being created and maintained by institutionalized discrimination in the wider society, and aggravated by the government's cuts in social spending. Education and community involvement and taking responsibility - is the key.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 11 February 2011 10:26:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All