The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Osama bin-Laden is Obama sin-Laden?

Osama bin-Laden is Obama sin-Laden?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
‘sorry I couldn’t resist the wordplay.

It is so rare that I feel any of John Howard’s actions are defensible that I think I should take the opportunity when it arises. While I do not agree with Howard’s assessment of Barack Obama, I will defend to the forum his right to say it. I wonder how this issue runs generally with left-wing liberals who are generally against Howard’s Straussian methodology but generally for free speech?
Posted by Rob513264, Wednesday, 14 February 2007 3:48:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ausralians are good at dishing it up to the Americans. Are we good at taking back the flack from their response? So for it has been diplomatic from the American side. Obama is quite relaxed about it. He has that clean cut JFK smile. John Howard on the other hand is developing another stomach ulcer.

They say when John Howard gets nervous, he gets bombatious. He starts lashing out, or stuttering. He has every reason to be nervous at the moment. He backed a loser, and placing himself so close to W Bush, the domino snowball effect go will roll over him, right down his party.

No one likes a loser. He is already behaving like a loser. The best is yet to come. Watch Peter Costello. He is building up like a Vulcanoe ready to explode. It will be a spectacular disaster. I can't wait.
Posted by saintfletcher, Thursday, 15 February 2007 2:33:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree that John Howard has lost it. He has hung on too long, and will go out on a downer as most politicians who just can't give up the power do.

He is even starting to make nicey-nicey comments about Dawood/Hicks just because he thinks there might be votes in it. That alone shows how low he has sunk.

There is a very good chance that the left-wingers who infest this site will have to find something else to whine about after the next election. That nice Mr. Rudd will surely do no wrong.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 15 February 2007 10:54:03 AM
Sure he has the right to do it. Just like he has the right to sit on his arse all day drinking beer. That doesn't mean it's a good idea for our PM to do it, or that we shouldn't be allowed to criticise him for it. Free speech is for the lunatic on the street corner ranting conspiracy theories. We should be able to expect more from our PM and if free speech is all Johnny can come up with to defend what he says it's time to put him out on that street corner where he belongs.
Posted by freediver, Thursday, 15 February 2007 12:10:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Howard losing his touch?

http://ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1171239408
Posted by freediver, Thursday, 15 February 2007 12:12:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 15 February 2007 10:54:03 AM
"the left-wingers who infest this site will have to find something else to whine about after the next election. That nice Mr. Rudd will surely do no wrong."

As one of the infesting lefties, I am more disappointed in Labor than Liberal. At least Howard is obviously on the side of big business. Rudd is a right-hander claiming to be a southpaw. At the next election we look like having a choice between 2 god bothering hypocrites varying only in degree. There is no significant left-wing in Australian politics anymore there is only one right wing slightly more left than the other right wing and as the old Chinese proverb goes, 'bird with 2 right wings doesnt fly far.'
Posted by Rob513264, Thursday, 15 February 2007 10:17:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy