The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 50 dead asylum seekers - A direct foreseeable result of Labor's lax immigration policy.

50 dead asylum seekers - A direct foreseeable result of Labor's lax immigration policy.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/asylum-seekers-die-in-christmas-island-boat-crash/story-e6frg6n6-1225971477218

Since Labor's relaxation of immigration policies, for most asylum seekers the easiest way to get Australian residence is to come by boat. As with the Pink Batts debacle, the consequences were predictable, and only a matter of time before there were significant fatalities.

Julia, you now have blood on your hands. What are you going to do to stop the further loss of life?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 12:42:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Shadow,

Agreed. While we continue to take only 50 a year from the refugee pool in Indonesia it gives very desperate people very little hope, forcing them into risky actions that will bring deaths. A more generous intake of these blighted people will certainly help.
Posted by csteele, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 6:20:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You hit the open seas, you take your chances.

If these people knew that their attempts at illegal entry would actually reduce their chances of free welfare for life in Australia then they wouldn't be encouraged to risk their lives.

Australia should have a zero tolerance policy on destination shoppers.
Posted by Proxy, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 6:30:43 PM
Mr Howard's policies are looking far more compassionate everyday. Shame on Labour for playing politics and caving into Green dogma. I noticed some leftist already blaming our own coastguard. How deceived can one be?
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 6:59:31 PM
You have fans SM, good to see runners CHRISTIAN concern for the dead.
I feel for them and for Australian politics.
It saddens me.
To see so many from your side of the fence use such a tragic event to try to under mine a government.
No proof exists this would not have taken place under your side.
Mate I only intend one post in your threads, others at least debate in openness and can see wrong on both sides you seem not to have that skill.
Runner ,what if every one of the dead are Christians?
Is that different?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 7:21:47 PM
Belly

'Runner ,what if every one of the dead are Christians?
Is that different?'

No it would make no difference. What sort of event will it take to wake the Government up? It is not the first lot of drownings and won't be the last unless they stop playing politics.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 8:30:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy