The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Cancun, A non binding agreement on voluntary targets. Means what?

Cancun, A non binding agreement on voluntary targets. Means what?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Extreme heat, extreme cold, more tornadoes, unseasonal rain events, worst fires ever. Right across the world.
This has been in the making for 40 years.
It's not going to turn around any time soon, can only get worse.
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 14 December 2010 4:56:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It may well not matter what was decided at Cancun.
If the IPCC will plug into their computer models the lower fossil fuel
availability than their previous lowest figures they may well discover
that there will only be a 1 degree rise.

So far there has been no reports of them having done that although the
quantities have been known since June.

Re the payment to "developing" countries, is it true that China is one
of the developing countries ?
Does that mean we will be borrowing from China to pay China to reduce
its CO2 emissions ?

Now that wouldn't be right would it ?
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 14 December 2010 9:58:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's absolutely zilch we can do about climate change. Even if all mankind were to suddenly disappear, climate change would still continue.
All this carbon tax idiocy is merely designed to boost the coffers of incompetent outfits such as Governments. Are people really so stupid as to believe that handing hard-earned money over to bureaucrats will somehow change climate change ? it's literally frightening to think we're surrounded by morons like that. No wonder it all appears so hopeless.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 7:27:03 AM
You can't alter the balance of nature and expect to get away with it. More pollution, less trees. It's only reasonable to think something has got to give away.
Some people are doing it very hard, saying everything is ok. Nature is doing what nature does, and that is heading to unsustainable living conditions. It is not a matter of our 1% pollution, it's a matter of pulling our weight. We are the worst polluter for our population in the world. It doesn't have to be the case.
Posted by 579, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 8:08:11 AM
SM, Like you I spent much of my career in industry. For 40 years I worked for US multi-nationals in commercial, industrial, finance and military contracts. These were heavy duty, long drawn out negotiations to “get the deal”.

When I look at the annual “gab fest” negotiations on carbon mitigation I am amused by the utter futility. What is it that the “promoters” are not getting? The basic reading of this grindingly repetitive process is telling us that those involved are saying, no chance, go away, sod off, you must be joking?

As always, they slam down the gavel in the last minute of the last hour of the last day and sign something, anything just to get out of there. The joy of yet another “agreement” flashes around the world of another meaningless breakthrough.

If this is a real issue for humanity we are truly doomed. Fortunately, our much “bullied” but “rat sharp” negotiators are capable feeding these idiots with what they deserve and devour with relish; BULLDUST!

I can point you to some reading that may help you. nzclimatescience.com. There are always two sides to any debate and its time you had a look at about 1,500 papers covering “another” perspective.

You say, <<We are the worst polluter for our population in the world.>> This is not true! For more information visit “Without hot Air” for the full tables
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 9:43:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy