The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Where is the Success from Cancun?

Where is the Success from Cancun?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
What does the Cancun agreement offer?

1. Does it deliver Kyoto II?
NO

2. Does it offer a solution to deforestation (direct action)?
YES

3. Is the funding mechanism for raising and administering the “green fund” for item 2 defined or agreed?
NO

4. Delete item 2. until item 3. IS agreed?
YES

5. Has agreement been reached on a “carbon market mechanism”?
NO

6. Did the 190 countries represented at the Cancun talks agree to seek "deep cuts" in carbon emissions?
YES

7. Does “seeking deep cuts” in emissions mean an agreed target?
NO

8. Is the agreement in item 6 legally binding?
NO

9. Then delete 6?
YES

10. Does this move the non-binding 2009 Copenhagen accord forward?
NO

11. Did Barack Obama say; “ Carbon offset markets worth $20 bn depend on Kyoto emissions caps to drive developed countries to pay for cuts in greenhouse gasses in developing nations as cheaper alternative to cutting our own greenhouse gasses. ?
YES

12. How much of this $20Bn have we given them and how much have they reduced their emissions by?
DON’T KNOW

13. How much of this $20Bn have developed nations spent on emissions reductions?
$74Bn (according to HSBC)

14. Who has paid for the difference between the carbon market revenue and what has been spent?
THE PUBLIC (through taxes, tariffs and subsidies)

15 How much has this reduced emission outputs against Kyoto targets?
ZERO

16 When we declare that wealthy nations should pay to help poorer nations adapt, whose wealth is this exactly?
THE PUBLICS’

17 Which nations will be the main beneficiaries of the “green fund”?
Brazil, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Indonesia under the REDD deal.

18 Why do these countries chop down their forests?
REVENUE, ENERGY and FOOD PRODUCTION

19 What will they do if they are stopped from doing this?
WE WILL PAY THEM FROM THE “GREEN FUND” TO BUY THEIR, ENERGY, TIMBER AND FOOD FROM THE DEVELOPED NATIONS.

20. Is this all getting really, really silly?
YES
Posted by spindoc, Sunday, 12 December 2010 3:24:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, very silly, it's fully thirteen layers deep in bullsh/t.

Why don't all the people who think we face catastrophic man-made global warming just *buy* the forests they want to preserve?
Posted by Peter Hume, Tuesday, 14 December 2010 10:31:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter Hume,

<<Why don't all the people who think we face catastrophic man-made global warming just *buy* the forests they want to preserve?>>

1. The UN won’t get a slice of the financial action,
2. The UN will lose the political clout that goes with the money they dole out,
3. The warmers are on a guilt trip and want everyone to pay for their obsession.
4. Simple solutions have a nasty habit of actually working and we don’t want that.
5. Warmers think that big, complicated, exotic, emotional, punitive, ideological and global solutions will prove them right?

Other than that, it beats me?

Interesting that the warmers have not challenged my summary of Cancun? Do we assume from this that reality does indeed bite?
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 14 December 2010 3:09:14 PM
Oh dear Spindoc, you cynic.
Another cynic said;
The money will be paid by the poor people in the rich countries
to
The rich people in the poor countries.

Now does that srtick you as something that is in the natural order of things ?
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 14 December 2010 10:07:36 PM
Ah! Bazz, I know, I know.

It’s just that this has happened soooo many times before to soooo many previous generations and we look at our kids and our grandkids and say, you do not have to swallow this nonsense.

Why have we given so many recent generations the terrors? I am truly at the stage were I would like to take the people responsible for frightening my grandkids and do them harm.

Fortunately for them, they are an amorphous blob and there is little prospect of them being held to account. Cursed by their own kids and grandkids perhaps, especially for the legacy of “sacrifices” we are making to “their” future lifestyles and opportunities.

How dare they?
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 15 December 2010 11:13:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy