The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > corruption in today's world and how we accept it

corruption in today's world and how we accept it

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I spent some time yesterday reading about Mr Assange. Trying to work out what he was about before I thought too much about the whole wikileaks concept/action or whatever it is.

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/41736.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/03/3084384.htm

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/australia-to-help-us-over-assange-20101204-18k3w.html

http://www.lawyersweekly.com.au/blogs/top_stories/archive/2010/12/01/legal-basis-for-charging-assange-shaky.aspx

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-on-a-knife-edge/story-e6frfhqf-1225965449505

Good on "the Australian anarchist".
Posted by Jewely, Sunday, 5 December 2010 10:48:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wouldn't it be fascinating if Wikileaks could hack into Chinese or Russian government emails, or into the messages going back and forth between al-Qai'da and its 'loose affiliates' ? Apart from some of the Saudis, who is funding them, I wonder ?

If Assange could arrange that, then yes, he would be doing all of us a service, in my eyes.
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 5 December 2010 5:03:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth............so your quite happy to accept that if he work for the right side....that's makes it all better. May as well save the taxman an undue exspence and just have him shot as spy.

Jewely. You,ve got me thinking.............what if whistle-blowing has the opposite effect to the frame work of our society? When is the right time to call in the truth?.......and loved the cartoon by the way:) it does illustrate the hidden factors quite well....and why they have gotten so defensive.

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Sunday, 5 December 2010 8:15:06 PM
What is happening now seems to be more like the mother of all whistle blows, not easily manageable in the normal scope of spin doctors I guess. Bad things could happen but I don’t know about blaming the messenger.

Be nice to get to a point where all business everywhere was transparent.

Lilith:”Perhaps we could ask why corruption is used and whether for a particular gain or to lesson discord is acceptable to us. There could be arrogance or benevolence at the core in conjunction with authority and influence.

Tricky one… are we not told for our own good or is that arrogance no matter which way it lands?

Aussie would be interesting enough for me Loudmouth. I see govts getting their responses ready for what they think might be leaked. That's pretty interesting.
Posted by Jewely, Sunday, 5 December 2010 9:50:37 PM
Deep-Blue,

Sorry, I lost this thread somehow.

No, I would be happy if the Wikileaks were coming from all sides.

And I don't think he should be shot as a spy as you suggest - give him a fair trial first, then shoot him.

Sorry, old Marxist joke: Groucho Marx.

What is intriguing me so far is how little the leaks reveal: I expected the Yanks to be far more devious, Machiavellian, bullying - you know, manipulating their puppets according to Conspiracy Theory I? But no, not yet.

Hmmmmmm .... I wonder if ..... no, it couldn't be ....... if the Yanks are manipulating Assange to release only the most innocent emails .... if he is actually working for them ? Devilishly clever !

And of course who is behind the Yanks ? Isn't it obviously the Swedes ? This whole arrest-rape thing is just a way to bring him in for de-briefing - it's all part of the game !

B@stards !

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 10 December 2010 6:03:26 PM
Joe...its all about the balance....as in our past conversations.

A change is not all about what we see.......its mostly about what we don't see.

One of the great Australian sayings was.......keep the bastards honest!....now you tell me why this doesn't or shouldn't apply today?

BLUE
Posted by Deep-Blue, Tuesday, 28 December 2010 5:08:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy