The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will the Govt's internet filter be applied to Wikileaks

Will the Govt's internet filter be applied to Wikileaks

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I was interested individual in what sort of public service misdeeds you mean.

I would have thought that sending troops to foreign lands to face death for bogus reasons was up there and at the highest level in terms of public service misdeeds. Or at least a spectacular misuse of public office. Can Wikileaks cover everything? not without a whistleblower, that's the real limit to Wikileaks.

Is there censorship on the WL's website as well StG when you say incomplete?.
Edited highlights you mean?. This is always, also possible I guess StG.
Like I said in my last post you had to be there.
Posted by thinker 2, Wednesday, 27 October 2010 5:43:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This topic is a double prong for me. "Collateral Murder" was a biased piece of intellectually insulting tripe. The content was tragic, yes, but the 'story' was opinionated journalism, and not 'a leak'. They INTENTIONALLY left out facts about that situation that change the ENTIRE dynamic of the footage. This is fact.

So from that point of view, how do I know that WL's hasn't intentionally left out facts - again - to cause damage and notoriety, again?.

Raw war chatter - of which much of this is - CAN be inaccurate and totally based on perception. It's like documenting thoughts of people in a natural disaster. Without interviews and eye witnesses this stuff is pointless, in reality.

For example, and a complete hypothetical:

"report bomb hit farmers in field"

How do I know that WL wouldn't leave out:

"ignore last, they were sheep"

That stuff happens. Without the ENTIRE story being in our hands we can't judge. These files should be printed out and sent back as toilet paper for the locals.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 28 October 2010 9:39:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stg if there was any serious leaving out key bit's of information we'd be reading about it from the US government. I'm pretty confident that if there was any viable way of discrediting Wikileaks on an issue like that the US military would be all over it.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 28 October 2010 9:56:42 AM
Well, they are. The US military already addressed the issue of them ignoring Iraqi forces torturing prisoners. Whether you believe them or not they still established that WL's info is incomplete. They even quoted the US military policy on such a situation arising and their policy wasn't to ignore it.

How many documents ARE there? It's going to take months to address all the accusations.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 28 October 2010 10:05:43 AM
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1393786/US-'tried-to-stop-prisoner-abuse'-
Posted by StG, Thursday, 28 October 2010 10:17:06 AM
...and of course some fool will come along and accuse me of something. My only opinion is that the information is incomplete and should only be taken as an interesting and unprecedented insight into a war.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 28 October 2010 10:20:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy