The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Nicolas Sarkozy,

Nicolas Sarkozy,

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
see http://tarpley.net/ President Nicolas Sarkozy ( France) will be head of the G20/G8 starting in Nov this year.Pres Sarkozy wants to tax the banks.Webster Tarpley quotes the Bank of International Settlements (BIS) that worldwide, $ 1000 trillion is turned over each year in foreign exchange.A 1% tobin tax will give poor countries $10 trillion pa to do infrastructure projects.

$ 10 trillion will buy 20 million houses of the average Sydney price.Now that buys a lot of infrastructure.The down side is the use of more energy and in the eyes of the AGW people,an environmental disaster.

Do you think that people like Tarpley are bleeding hearts who really should be limiting the growth of poor countries thus saving the environment for the elites who created all this advanced technology in the first place?
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 25 September 2010 4:46:19 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rapidly developing countries are a problem. Just ask India and China. Societies like what has stemmed from English, Roman, Greek etc have had millennia to come to grips with what needs to happen to be a first world country. Not just things like sewerage, water collection, responsibility of the government, infrastructure, trade, societal responsibility of the individual and their businesses etc. Rapid development creates a free for all and 'predator business people' take advantage of the greed and naivety of the people reaping the benefits of this growth.

In reality, you can't just give someone with no idea more moeny than they know what to do with. That money needs to given as services. The flip side of that is how will that growth impact on the planet and already 'developed' societies. Oil is becoming a problem, so is pollution, water, and the cost of living.

Can the planet sustain growth of third world nations where there's just no concept of birth control and societal obligation of its members?.
Posted by StG, Monday, 27 September 2010 11:04:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As harsh as it may seem, the natural order of life is survival of the fittest.

I have sided with the cause of man to help others, this in conjunction with the selfish mining of the earths resources for the purpose of comfort and growth, will eventually lead to the downfall of mankind.
If we don't destroy ourselves in the meantime.

The future is grim it seems but I suppose an appeal to help end suffering, as noble as it is, will prove to be negative if not properly governed. Then begs the question of how it can be properly governed to ensure an optimum outcome.
Posted by Nicnoto, Monday, 27 September 2010 12:34:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stg and Nicnoto. I think the West lost a great opportunity after WW2 to do the world a great favour.It went for the arms race instead of creating better living standards.If we raised the world living standards then,the World pop would have have actually fallen.Even with 3 children,pop fall due to mortality and infertility.Without immigration Aust pop would be going backwards.

There are people with serious power on this planet who want to drasticly reduce the world's pop via war disease or any means at their disposal.There is a better way and we have the intelligence and the creativity to achieve it.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 27 September 2010 6:35:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your naivety is refreshing, Arjay. But we really aren't the species you wish us to be. We are tribal, and we war. That is all.
Posted by StG, Monday, 27 September 2010 10:09:10 PM
Arjay

I agree with you whole heartedly, I just don't see it happening. It is a lot easier and I suppose more effective to release a genetically mutated flu virus among a population to thin the herd, or something equally destructive.

I find it disgusting and inhumane (and I hope there is a hell so the bodies behind such decisions go to it) but world peace will only exist in a far away land that children and the naive believe in.

I will by no means stop fighting for it, but in my heart of hearts I know I am fighting a losing battle.
Posted by Nicnoto, Tuesday, 28 September 2010 1:46:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy