The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Independent 3rd party costings.

Independent 3rd party costings.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
SM,

Hark! what is that discordant sound yes a lone violin being played by an understudy to Arjay's paranoid solo recitals.

what's next ASIO and perhaps CIA, aliens control the treasury dept?

The truth is clear Abbott is playing probably playing cynical brinkmanship negotiation techniques. Claim victim to stir up sympathy in the independents electorates to distort the 2PP. Besides which JG in a Black hat and mustache with TA tied to the railway track with piano music is a Little unconvincing.

Personally I don't know why both sides policy costings aren't published.
Other than the current system favours the party power system.

After all is said and done it is our money EITHER SIDE are wanting to spend.

I maintain that a lot of the ignorant debate would be mollified if we the people could understand why the budget is a balancing act between competing forces.

I.e. Emotionally I can understand Bligh's asset sale and her demand that the LNP nominate alternative cuts.

How often have you heard an incoming party say 'well the budget is in worse state than we thought so we'll have to delay cancel promises we made during the election.

If we worked on a leadership with the governing party and disclosure on both sides wouldn't we the public have a better idea of our country's economic state. But wait that might preclude the simplistic 'easy fruit' scare and pork barreling campaigns. The parties might have to objectively explain why they deserve power POWER *POWER* (evil laugh)

If Abbott is on the up and up put the policies up or shut up
Posted by examinator, Friday, 27 August 2010 1:45:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ, examinator et al,

Given that in the 2007 elections Labor completely failed to submit its costings, JG's and Swan's strident calls are just a little hypocritical.

As Treasury reports to the finance minister and not an independent 3rd party and given Swan's selective release of costing information on the mining tax and the selective leaking from treasury, only the most myopic of Labor tragics could claim that treasury was acting in an unbiased and professional manner.

The ring fencing of information in treasury for the coalition's costing is a compromise, and should produce results without Labor's manipulation.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 27 August 2010 3:36:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you can't get along with the nations treasury what hope have you got of running a country.
Let Juls Have the minority govt; [ sour grapes ] this ain't a football match.
Posted by 579, Friday, 27 August 2010 5:10:22 PM
SM

Naughty Naughty Labor! Bad Labor...go stand in the naughty corner.

Feel better Now SM.

2 New (?) concepts for you!
1. Context. it's a little bit different wouldn't you say?

2. Two wrongs don't make a right ...Try telling a judge that you are your crime doesn't matter because some one else did it.!

But apart from that you still haven't addressed the real issue.

- TA is simply calling the independents stand and playing power politics as I described.
30 years of multi $1000000 negotiations and an understanding of the conservative political mind set it's simply wedge politics on steroids.
- Failing that TA is running scared that his policies are full of brown smelly stuff (i.e. BS)

He has painted himself into a corner if this tactic doesn't work and they back Labor he will cop it in the neck and there will be a dirty tricks campaign for the next 3 years and future elections to get them out.

To me this shows the real TA ... a zealot, power mad and not interested in the nation's good. If it works god better be an agnostic to help us. We'll see the same threat tactic played out in many different ways i.e. Do it MY (TA) way or else independents.

Either way the independents will be slammed and attacked continually by the clearly vindictive veggies in the Nats
Posted by examinator, Friday, 27 August 2010 5:50:56 PM
*Posted by pelican, Friday, 27 August 2010 12:53:37 PM*

" ... Please do us all a favour and don't insult our intelligence any longer as regard the real motives behind failure to share information on costings. ... "

Well said *Peli*

*Posted by examinator, Friday, 27 August 2010 1:45:29 PM*

" ... Personally I don't know why both sides policy costings aren't published. ... "

In full to the public in advance of the election I would add ..

I can't stand the obfuscation and these gutter trolls running around in the shadows spreading lies and disinformation. Global Warming, Climate Change, The Stolen Generations, Asylum Seekers are all classic examples of where we see this kind of behavior.

Sadly though, within the confines of the tin pot guvment system which still presides in Australia, I suspect that the quantitative and qualitative analysts are telling the 2 major parties that the majority of Australians are simplistic bigots.

Thus, they try and split "us" in that manner, for example:

*Asylum Seekers* becomes "Illegal Immigrants" ala economic opportunists, cue jumpers, people who throw their babies into the ocean, people who endanger our representatives by burning their boats, paperless and no legal status, rabid frothing at the mouth outlanders who want to come to Australia to become dole bludgers or take our jobs for peanuts and bring our life style down ...

I could go on but hopefully you get the jist.

Thus, as the red and the blue of politics makes an art of lies and deceit, it becomes plain as to why they do not want the "clear light of day" shone onto "their" affairs.

Indeed, they fear public awareness as they fear and loathe those who attempt to elevate the public's consciousness.

Long has it been thus on this earth.
Posted by DreamOn, Friday, 27 August 2010 10:09:53 PM
Examinator,

Good to see you exercising your claimed lack of bias.

Secondly, if you read my post or the news TA has submitted his costings, what he has ensured is that Swan and his cronies are not involved with the assessment.

Given the shameless power plays and pursuit of power by Labor, this is the tin pot calling the kettle black.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 28 August 2010 5:48:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy