The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > bring back kev! informal vote this saturday!

bring back kev! informal vote this saturday!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
"I think I will write on my ballot "bring back kev!" for an informal vote this Saturday!"

I reckon that'll be about as informal as they get.
Posted by Peter Hume, Wednesday, 18 August 2010 10:07:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<< Anyone who does an informal vote this weekend should not then complain about who does come into power. You will get what you deserve. >>

Suze, I have to disagree. Those people who will be voting ‘informally’, as prompted by Latham (and perhaps by Ludwig’s much-repeated comments on OLO and elsewhere!) will be doing so as a well-considered option because they feel that neither Labor or Liberal deserves their vote. They will be strongly (and rightly) complaining that neither of them are good enough to govern us!

It is everyone’s perfect right to vote for no candidate if they feel that none deserves their vote or that the voting system could steel their vote and make it count where they don’t want it to count.

Both of these concerns are very real in this election.

A deliberate null vote should not be considered informal. Neither should it be considered a wasted vote.

Is it better for a large portion of the populace to vote for the party that they feel is the ever-so-slightly less evil? Or for them to vote for one or other major parties when they are highly disinterested and don’t know or care about what the candidates are really offering? Or for them to lodge a null vote?

I’d strongly suggest that the last option is the best, for anyone that does not have a good policy-based reason for voting for either Labor or Liberal.
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 18 August 2010 10:26:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
T.A. is a great deal more intelligent economics wise and if given the opportunity Saturday/Sunday, my forecast is that he will stamp out the deficit before it is beyond repair, thereafter reducing all Australians costs of living dramatically.

A change is as good as a holiday and under Labor, voting Liberal, will be as close to a holiday as I will get this time next year!

T.A. may not be the best in the drama and bull crap department [despite speaking articulately though], as some others are full of it in the Labor camp, however my bet is that he will be one guy full of surprises in order to wipe out the Deficit and take the pressure off families and businesses. There is more intelligence to Tony and many of the Liberal Party Candidates than meets the eye.

Beware of those who spruik far too greatly and already demonstrated the Billions run up that WE fellow Ozzies now inherit under Labor.

How is that for a grand Liberal speech! The truth hurts and hurt you all will by this time next year if you repeat voting for Labor. Do not whinge on OLO next year or I may just say "you were warned about the Debt and high costs of living under the current Labor party".

Those fooled regarding T.A's intelligence,qualifications experience, economic plans and strategies, should think again if they wish to enjoy lower utilities/less financial pressure all round in their lives ie QUALITY OF LIFE, by this time next year.

I advise you all to take ownership of the current debt before it explodes beyond repair [that Labor instigated].

T.A. has a background in Economics to plan wisely ahead as opposed to spending and wasting. How disgraceful when that capital could have been spent to save lives instead of costing lives.

Labour under Labor is what Australians will do; toil away and waste another four years of lives; this time doing it tough!

Life's short, make the most of it, and vote Liberal, after all what have Australians now got to lose
Posted by we are unique, Wednesday, 18 August 2010 10:56:43 PM
Not one of them are worthy of my time to vote, hence I'll do what I always do and write "LICK MY BOOTS!" They're all morons of the highest caliber.

I feel sick every time I have to pay a tax knowing I'm paying for those slime balls to have a great life while they destroy ours.

I hope as many people as myself and friends are doing what we're doing. Not spending anymore than absolutely necessary so as to reduce their income. Every day we convince another 3 to do the same, that's around 70 a day and growing. At the rate we're going, they'll all be broke before the next election. Then they too can eat rotten crap from Coles and Woollworths like the rest of us and turn off their lights and heaters when it's dark and freezing!

Time to stop feeding the beast, it needs to DIE!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
Posted by RawMustard, Thursday, 19 August 2010 4:52:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy