The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > bring back kev! informal vote this saturday!

bring back kev! informal vote this saturday!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
where I live and therefore vote is a safe seat for my local member so I feel my vote will not sway things one way or another.
I voted for Kev in 2007 and was incensed to see him ripped from power by a bunch of back room boyz who did not much like him form the start (too conservative for them?)
I would like to vote informal this Saturday just to say to those boyz you can not put someone up as subterfuge to get us to vote for you then whip them down and put up your stooge! take power in the manner of some coup.
I will not vote for that.
Not that inspired by The Abbot and his horse and cart internet, or Bob and his nothing is better than anything to fix this planet (we will make things so hot they have to come crawling to vote for us eventually?), I think I will write on my ballot "bring back kev!" for an informal vote this Saturday!
Posted by rchy, Tuesday, 17 August 2010 12:30:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear rchy,

Did you happen to watch "Q and A,"
last night? And if you did - could
you honestly say that you'd want
Tony Abbott as our PM?

Of course you're entitled to vote
however you please, but if I were you
I wouldn't listen to Mark Latham who's
got an axe to grind, when he suggested
people vote informally (pay back time).

Watching Tony Abbott on "Q and A," last night
was enough to convince me that no matter what
happened with Kevin's demise,
the bottom line is - allowing
Tony Abbott to even get a chance at being
PM - is simply not worth the risk.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 17 August 2010 10:22:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe that Kevin may have had a better plan than Wayne or Julia, and they gave him no support at all, it is just a suggestion that his decisions on the insulation was the only alternative they left open for him to get some assistance for low income earners, and the alternative was to hand over to his detractors. Well, they took it off him, didn't they. Knowing the result of the low tax rate brought about in the 1930's, I am dammed if I can see anything that has been done or promised by either side, can bring the successful economy we need. You would have to be a complete idiot to believe you could. Sure, I am looking forward for improvement, but there is no direction which way to go. I am not a fanatic, so I can't see a successful plan that doesn't exist. As far as John Howard goes, he was in breach of clause 44 of the Australian constitution, and those who were in the ministerial party, would be part of that breach.
Posted by merv09, Tuesday, 17 August 2010 12:06:39 PM
Consider Family First folks...

See this for reasons.

http://australiavotes.org/policies/index.php?topic_ids=55,61,56,57,58,59,60&pointsofdifference=true
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Tuesday, 17 August 2010 1:05:28 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anyone who does an informal vote this weekend should not then complain about who does come into power. You will get what you deserve.

I agree with Foxy. It will be a scary day on Saturday if the Abbott gets in and is able to um and ah his way through the next 3 years.
Quite apart from his very conservative views, how embarrassing would such a poor speaker be as our Prime Minister?

AGIR, I am not at all surprised that you love the Catholics (sorry -Family) First party.
I always put them last on my ballot papers, and you have now given me yet one more reason to continue to do so.
Posted by suzeonline, Tuesday, 17 August 2010 2:44:32 PM
Suze, m'dear

Anyone who seriously considers anything Latham advises them to do, forfeits any right to utter a single word regarding anything political until they place a valid vote again.

An informal vote does nothing - it is not a protest because it makes zero difference.
Posted by Johnny Rotten, Tuesday, 17 August 2010 3:21:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy