The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Education of the new generation with scientific knowledge about God

Education of the new generation with scientific knowledge about God

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Squeers, of course I accept that man's emissions of CO2 have a warming effect on the planet. I've written about that many times. But we're not experiencing unprecedented warming, and history shows that the earth prospers when it is warmer than it is now. We're still in an ice age, and there is no magic about the CO2 content of the atmosphere in the recent past. But an argument on global warming on this thread is off-topic, so I don't intend to pursue it.

It was only on topic because it had a bearing on Runner's comment which seemed to lean on science on one side and throw it away on the other.
Posted by GrahamY, Sunday, 8 August 2010 6:03:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Proxy,

There is a boat load of children's books that
are often categorized as "problem books."
In these books, magic is out, reality is in,
and the result is - terribly depressing episodes
that somehow pass for children's literature.
In many cases the stories are not expansive odes
to the human condition but puny tales about
social conditions or family life. The "facts"
of life instead of the truth about life.
Issues like divorce, death, homosexuality, abortion,
racism, and disabilities become the main characters of
the books. And for the child who has no other recourse,
they do provide a flash of comfort. Mostly however,
they are experiments by writers who feel compelled to
play the role of social worker.

Great literature is not didactic, though it almost always
instructs. Literature that strains to instruct almost
always fails. This is not to damn all books that are
written in the realistic mode. A vast number of realistic
books are written without a social agenda or the need to
be explicit or titillating, and they are marvellous,
humourous, powerful, disturbing, illuminating,
everything one might want in a good read!

It does make sense to be aware of what your children are
reading, and to make sure that the best books, including
classics old and new, are available to them.

It is for that reason that as I stated earlier I personally
feel that a close relationship with a good librarian is
one of the most important things a parent can establish,
as your local librarian will direct your children to books
that are age appropriate and geared to their interests.

So if you have concerns regarding your children's reading,
I suggest that you visit your local library and speak
to any youth services librarian who will be
delighted to help you.

I hope this helps you.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 8 August 2010 7:23:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My Peacetoyou,
What a lot of skeptics you have sent into a feeding frenzy with just a hint of the precious blood of Jesus. The truth would obviously cause all to have a full blown seizure.
Posted by Richie 10, Monday, 9 August 2010 1:06:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Squeers

>>> This is precisely the thread to deny AGW, it goes beautifully with the other unspeakable tosh on offer! <<<

To merge with the very noisy tosh being offered by religious leader George (don't vote for the Greens) Pell.

We need a lot more science and a lost less with the superstition.

Or maybe I didn't wake in the 21st century this morning, and it is still 325 AD.
Posted by Severin, Monday, 9 August 2010 8:27:35 AM
peacetoyou/quote..<<Peace and Love to you all!>>and mercy and grace be upon us all

<<One/..can include..into all educational-programs>>
yes one can/but should...one..what of freewill/god grants to us all

does not revelations/say..:..22;10..seal not the prophecy/of this book..for the time..is at hand

22/11..he that is injust...let him be unjust/still...and he that is filthy/let him be filthy/stil...and him that is rightious/let him be rightious/still..and him that is holy...LET him be holy/still

it is only/with these/freewill's...intact...that 22;12..can be filled

why?..because they affirm we have a choice..some chose that good/of love/mercy..grace/..others not..but in time all repent..their vile..and serve the good..cause its better

not all will grasp..the importance of such concepts/as spirituality, ethics,..meaning of human life,..eco-psychology,>>...

that last one/makes me balk..eco-phychology..sounds like that global warming/trash-talk..[dont you recall/the ozone...hole...

that hole is still there...co2 is a mere fraction/of the danger of ozone,OR METHANE..which IF IT..has caused any../warming..cant be cured by guilt..or more tax..or more industry..to build the alternatives

we put the globe..in possable danger..VIA industrialisation
any cure...MUST EXCLUDE MORE INDUSTRY/polutions..!

are you teaching..indoctrination?
LET KIDS BE KIDS

<<psychical self-regulation,>>..is this about inducing guilt/upon the future taxpayer's?

<<description/of God..from scientific standpoint;>>>god is the natural/nurture..that underpins ALL LIFE...sustains all living

[recall emanu-EL/god..within..[all of]..us
if your only going to decieve/further
or create guilt amoung the innocents...then its propaganda

<<then many afflictions>>>science has decieved many..[its species that evolve..WITHIN theur genus...but NEVER has science recoded..NOR DONE..any change of genus..!

but so/too has RELIGION decieved many/god aint no judge...!
there is no end-time..day of judgment..
we ALL are born again/,..dead aint dead

AND christ didnt die for ous to sin...till we repent the vile ways of the flesh...burn rev..22...upon your heart/gods thone..till we seek to do better..we simply dont know how to do better

seek/find

and THE CREATION OF EXTRA/MORE..problems could be avoided.
simply by understanding/loving neighbour/living a good egsample

BE KNOWN by our works

giving back to god..

the service/he gives...to all..for free
to even..the most vile/living[least]..equal..as to/the good/great
Posted by one under god, Monday, 9 August 2010 10:45:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
I recently re-watched the complete "Yes, Minister" and "Yes, Prime Minister" series with my family (not in the one sitting).
We had some good laughs.
Unlike some other decades-old humour, it is truly timeless.
You'd make a good politician Foxy.
Not that I'd vote for you.
Posted by Proxy, Monday, 9 August 2010 7:32:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy