The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who will be the next USA President?

Who will be the next USA President?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Seriously, Sen. Hillary Clinton although divisive may just do it, I know that would be weird but still… she would have to be a good chance to pull it off. A women as the US President, could it really happen.

Barack Obama for President of the United States of America, I don’t thinks so, he is a light-weight and inexperienced. Arnold Schwarzenegger would have more hope, maybe Jackie Chan could be his VP.

The alternative could be who? Joseph Biden, tough-talking Democrat, or Jeb Bush – no, that will have to be 2012, now that would be silly. Al Gore, Colin Powell, or maybe Dan Quayle or even Condoleeza Rice a Black Woman President wow, two birds with one stone. Maybe Oprah, she has the cash to fund her own campaign or Martha Stewart maybe.

Or how about McCain and Powell versus Gore and Obama... keep the women out of it.

Best Guess – Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama as VP, will run as a team, what will happen is anyones guess.

Thin pickins… almost funny really…
Posted by thebull, Monday, 22 January 2007 9:26:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would reckon the Democrats are favourites (Not because I favour them in any way. I have always felt indifferent to US Politics. I think you have to live somewhere to feel the "subtlety" of the politics within a community).

One thing which was observed many years ago from the UK was

In the UK, there is, on the right, the Conservative party and on the left, the Labour party.

In the USA there is, on the right the Republican Party, who are very similar to the UK Conservative Party and on the left the Democrats, who are very similar to the UK Conservative Party.

I lived in USA for a short while, Republican Texas of all places and felt they had an advantage in having a smaller swing between options than the UK, where the swing or "manifesto shift" was very destabilising.

Either way, who ever gets in, it will be "Business as Usual".
I hope the vote will be more definitive for the winner than the Bush:Gore razor edge.
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 22 January 2007 11:00:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm going to be interested to see who the republicans put up. My impression is that they have little chance this time round so serious contenders might not want to blow their chance.

What would have been an interesting campaign would have been Condoleeza Rice vs Hillary Clinton but Condoleeza might be a bit close to George W to have a chance this time round.

If Hillary does get the nomination for the democrats it will be interesting to see what happens to voting patterns. If Hillary does get the job I'll be interested to see if she is accused of being a token figurehead controlled by men as other female government leaders have been called.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 23 January 2007 9:26:38 AM
Would it really matter who the next US president is? Probably not since they all adhere to the party line.
Posted by Sassy8, Friday, 26 January 2007 3:52:27 PM
Who will be the next US president? I am only guessing...Borat came to my mind.
Posted by Goku, Sunday, 28 January 2007 3:17:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy