The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > If you want loyalty, buy a dog.

If you want loyalty, buy a dog.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Ludwig,

I always suspected that the image that spin that Labor was trying to sell to the public:
- That Rudd was rolled by the back room heavy weights without the knowledge of Julia Gillard.
- That Julia had to be persuaded, wide eyed and blinking, to take the reins of government and save the party,
- That Kevin was a monster and was solely responsible for all the bad past of the Labor government, and now that Julia was in charge, it was all better, and the last few years were in the past.

No one gets to be PM without a ruthless streak, and I felt that the story was a little manufactured.

That it has been raised by the reporter in question, and in the manner it was,would indicate that it is more than just speculation.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 16 July 2010 9:40:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see No problem with Julia's actions, forget her alleged promise.
Look at the failure to act by Rudd on the tumbling of his polling, his mistakes about that tax his followers had given up, she would not have rolled him if the party did not want it.
Spin? Rabbott wanted an of shore solution now he decries one, he wanted no mining tax now he call Gillard to task for not keeping to Rudd's plan.
Spin? Shadow may be Rabbotts script writer it sounds like it .
If you want the truth Rabbott insults voters , he seems to think his sideshow alley tricks and lies are going to work.
They are for Julia.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 July 2010 5:48:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

I have no issue with JG getting rid of Rudd. My question is why did Labor feel that they had to spin a fantasy around the issue?

JG scored a coup with a compromise on the super tax, while she gave away a lot, she didn't walk away with nothing. She and Swan then stuffed it up by lying about it. Why on god's earth did they think they could get away with it? The numbers didn't add up right from the start.

Abbott is not calling her out on the compromise, rather he is challenging her as to why Labor feels the electorate is so stupid that they can't handle the truth?

I can understand the need to put a positive spin on things, but to lie?

Irrespective of Abbott's faults, Labor cannot be trusted
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 17 July 2010 7:00:47 AM
SM

>>> My question is why did Labor feel that they had to spin a fantasy around the issue? <<<

For the same reason the Libs spin fantasies every time they have a leadership tussle. For the same reason ANY group spin fantasies about leadership change. I think its called human nature, best to be aware of it, but using it to call the pot black is futile, don't you think?
Posted by Severin, Saturday, 17 July 2010 7:22:23 AM
SM can we talk of Abbott's loyalty to Turnbull?
Or Hockey?
Howard's love of Costello?
Who was it Howard replaced , twice in fact.
You are Julie Bishop are you not?
Sorry just kidding she is better than this spin but not much.
Have a great campaign 5 weeks of dreaming then the night mare of election night.
For me? that night will Be great a fun night.
How long will Abbott last will he get to February?
SM he could well not face the election watch everything he says is from a script and he nearly got that wrong today, fine way to lead to not be trusted to talk off the cuff!
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 July 2010 6:10:24 PM
Severin and Belly,

The issue is not that Turnbull or Rudd were deposed, the issue is that Abbott never felt the need to present a fairy tale to the public.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 18 July 2010 9:35:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy